Chapter 26

~Jay~

I let out a deep breath listening to the phone ring. I'd been trying to call Charli, since I left his house consoling Nia for like 3 hours. Voice mail again!

"Immanuel when you get this call me asap!"

Damn! I knew some drama was gonna happen I just didn't think it'd be Nia who was getting caught. I was for sure that Cara chick's hood rat ways would come out and she'd expose that whole situation with her and Charli. But I guess she got more class than I thought. I shouldn't even be in this mess between them anyway. I spent all that time telling Charli to leave me out only to be dragged right into the middle of it. I feel obligated to make sure that these two-stay married. Hmm... I dialed my bro's phone number; I knew Charli and I knew after me his next confidant is his father.

"Gabriel really my dude!"

B! Hey sis what's going on? You talked to your son today? Naw not since last night, why what's up? B...some shit went down between him and Nia, I am leaving their house now. Hold up he said muting the phone for a second, before coming back on the line, she found out about Cara! No worse, she had an indiscretion of her own. With the football player? You knew! Cesar was telling Charli to watch that because that dude was saying stuff about Nia. What kind of stuff? Don't know for sure Charli didn't tell me everything he just said that Charli needed to watch him cause, he thought that other person was on some foul shit. It's so bad Brandon, I mean I never seen Nia like this before. She tell you what happened? Not in detail, but she did tell me that she thought she was drugged she remembers stuff before but not during. You saying date rape! I am thinking so, I mean she'd been drinking before. Sis, let them handle this. B I can't...No Jaymee you interfere in their shit way too much this time let them deal with it. I am just trying to help. They know that but you got your own kids to worry about. Brandon you know. Yeah, I do, and I made the same mistake depending on you to fix everything for me the same way mama did you. It's not your duty to save everyone so do yourself a favor and leave it alone they are adults let them fix it.

It's hard because I know what they are about to face. We all do but it ain't our marriage it's theirs! They gotta learn the same way you did. No one was helping you with your marriage. No one helped you deal with Lisa or Tionne, and we all knew what Ro was doing but we didn't interfere? Okay you make a point. They gotta learn sometime Sis. You're right damn when did you get so smart? Jokes I've always been smart. I've just been hard headed and lazy! And what's changed? My grandchildren made me grow up. Who knew it'd take 31 years and 3 grandkids to make you grow up? Oh, please it took you what 10 kids and 3 wives to realize being nosy ain't cute! Ok Leandre I got your number. I got yours to 1-800-MY-WIVES-RUN-ME! I looked at the phone before speaking again. If that's so then Liyah got you an extension off the same number. He got silent. Ooop did I hit a nerve! Whatever she don't run nothing! I'll be sure to tell her that when some back from New York. Wait Jay...Bye Brandon I said hanging up on him.

He was right though I needed to stay out of it and that's exactly what I am going to do.

~Charli~

I studied the ring on my left hand closely thinking about the last week and a half of my life. You heard me right I've been gone from my home and family for a week and a half. I couldn't even process the confusion I was in. Nia was the just one, the voice of reason. She wasn't supposed to make mistakes like this. She wasn't supposed to break our vows the way I broke them.

What you thinking about the voice said from behind me. Nothing! Hmph that's a lie and you know it. I am just...you're just what? Hurt, confused, guilty! Why you said she fucked around on you too. Yeah and I slept with you first. Which was an accident, we were both drunk. The first time, but this last week we weren't. In fact, we've been completely sober having sex. We use protection though. It doesn't matter Cara I am a married man with kids, this isn't right. If isn't right why are you still here? She was right why am I still here? I have more than enough family in Atlanta, Georgia, hell the whole eastern sea board that I could stay with yet I end up at the one place that I don't need to be at. Charli! What! Why are you here if you a married man why are you in my bed sleeping with me? Cara just please shut up! Okay I'll shut up she said getting out the bed and going to the bathroom. I shook my head returning my gaze back at the ring until I saw my phone light up, Nia had been calling me non-stop, Gigi called a few times and then she stopped, not before she left me a message that said that she wasn't going to get involved she just wanted to know if I was okay. This phone call though was different, I may not be speaking to my wife but I'll never ignore my children.