Chapter 40

~ Nia~

Thank you for agreeing to meet with me, I know there is an agreement in place. Yeah that bogus shit he made me sign when he settled with me out of court. What happened between yall? She chuckled a little before speaking again, he charmed my panties off! Literally and figuratively. It was my first season on the team and I was nervous as hell because even though I look like this, I haven't always been the most confident person. Why not you're beautiful. Thanks, I understand now that I am, but you know when people grow up telling you one thing and doing another. I can understand that, I said nodding. Javon is the worst kind of man; he played on my insecurities and took me out of my comfort zone. How so? I wasn't adjusting well to being on the road all the time and being seen as a sexual object. Initially, I ignored him and his advances towards me. I kept to myself and didn't bother anyone. Montae was really the only person I felt comfortable with. We were truly friends and I liked him a lot. Javon never liked him, he was jealous of him because even though he didn't play a lot he still got major endorsement deals, advances on his contracts, and all the girls loved him. Who wouldn't though he's down to earth, humble, and he was respectful? He wasn't trying to push up on us like all the other players did.

What went wrong with Javon? It was Superbowl weekend and they had just played in the game. They lost but all of the players were still lit, we were in Miami and everyone was drunk. I mean college frat party drunk. Well except for me, I was okay not too drunk but I was feeling good. He was flirting with me and next thing I know we're doing it in his room. Did he drug you? She looked up at me and looked around, the first time no he didn't. Like I said we're both drunk out of our minds. Next morning, I woke up got my shit and got the hell up out of his room. I got a morning after pill and tried to pretend like it never happened. I avoided him and didn't mention it either. It wasn't till the beginning of the next season that he even paid attention to me again. This time it was a league dinner, one to many drinks and I ended up naked in his bed. I was so mortified because I didn't remember it happening and I only remember having 3 drink Nia! 3 and that was it. It wasn't even hard liquor it was wine. Regular Rose! I could drink 2 bottles of that shit and be completely fine, but I have 3 glasses around him and I end up naked in his bed and ultimately pregnant.

I was meeting with Jesenia after 3 failed attempts. She was nervous to meet with me because the confidentiality agreement said if she spoke about the agreement that'd, she'd have to pay back the entire sum of the settlement back to him. But I was persistent and I needed her to trust me if I wanted to get this anywhere in the court system. I had to be strategic and ruthless I don't care if I have to take him and his mama down, what they did was wrong and I won't go for that. They pay out amount he gave her was just pennies in comparison to what he really should have given her, and what he will give her after the law suit. The more I hear her talk the more I hate Javon, and I can't wait to see his ass suffer. I was quietly building my arsenal of witnesses and evidence on his ass. I had the motherload, of information and he had no clue what I was about to do him. When I am done with him, he's gonna wish he'd never met me much less taken advantage of me.

So why did you settle with him for money if he was in the wrong? I don't have much family and the little family I do have I felt like I disappointed them for even becoming a cheerleader. But to have to tell them I was pregnant by a married man, it killed me, it really did. Did they disown you? Surprisingly, no they didn't. I told them the truth and how I felt like he'd taken advantage of me. My parents were disappointed but they've been there for me and my son the entire way through it. That's good that you have family like that. I am grateful too. Javon though is an ass hole and I would want nothing more than to see him burn in hell she said looking at me. You and me both I said nodding to her. We talked for a little bit longer before going our separate ways from the coffee shop that we met at. I knew Javon was up to some shit so I made sure to meet Jesina in a location that he wouldn't be caught in. I am just ready to get this shit over with so Javon would get the hell out of my life forever.