Chapter 8 - Departure

Double Update!

Dahyun's POV

"It's over for them."

"Why did she stop?"

"There's no reason for her to accommodate that awful accompanist..."

"And she was so cool..."

Her voice, her words...

"Don't worry. I know you and I can do it."

"I hereby appoint you as my accompanist."

"You still have to play!"

"But I want you..."

"I'm going to play with everything I've got. So that the people who've heard me... will never forget me. I'm a musician, after all!"

She turned her head towards my direction and smile. But said the word that shocked me the most, "Again."

"Maybe there's only a dark road up ahead. But you still have to believe and keeping going. Believe that the stars will light your path, even a little bit." I looked at her with a serious face as her words still rang through my mind, "Come on. Let's go on a journey!"

I was still not ready because I'm thinking of what will I do now when she start playing her violin again

"For you... For you... I'm casting about for an excuse again."

"I know you and I can do it."

"There was resolve in your eyes. So what was it that you saw in me?"

"But you have me. Look up, and look at me. Look at me..."

I look at her again, she was really determined to finish her performance. Come on Dahyun! Man up! Just for once, just for her...

"Brace yourself..." With this one last thought, I played the piano, trying to forget all those negative thoughts out of my head and only focusing on this performance

"Now were talking!"

"Dahyun!"

I heard those loud cheer from Tzuyu and Momo that made me more encourage to do this

"Focus... Focus... Focus!"

"Both the sound and the notes are disappearing like nobody's business."

"A week long, the sheet music was always where I could see it. All during lunch breaks, I listened to it. Whatever I have inside of me... Draw it out!"

"Focus, focus... focus... Focus!"

"Are you listening, Dahyun? You musn't play so violently. The piano is you. If you touch it gently, it will smile. If you pound it with force, it will become enraged. Touch it like you're caressing a baby's head. All right, again." Mother... I remembered this day. Mom was telling me that I should gently play the piano, she sings "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" as I play.

Right...

"If you can't hear the sound, then imagine it! Play it with your whole body! Draw out what Mom left me!"

Now I was really determined to finish her performance, our performance...

I looked at her once again,

"She moves me. With such power, like the pounding of my heart. I can hear your sound. You're here." While I was thinking of this, I didn't even realized that I was smiling at the thought of her

I closed my eyes, and as I do. I imagined I was being surrounded by petals of cherry blossoms, while I, was lying on the grass watching those petals fall on the trees and thought,

"April will be ending soon."

With one last pound on the piano I finished, we finally finished, I opened my eyes and saw the crowd, my eyes widened as I saw them cheering for us ever so loudly.

"Bravo!"

"You were great, middle school idol!"

"That was awesome!"

"Encore!"

"The dry air-conditioning, the scent of dust."

"I... I'm going on a journey."

As I was having a thought after our performance, a very loud thud was heard. My eyes widened much more I saw Sana was the one who fell, she was there, lying unconcious on the ground looking so tired and almost out of breath.

Sana...

To be continued...