Chapter 19: Continue

About this chapter, this one has so pany POV changes so please bare with it lol.

Author's POV

"The sound of the piano... I can't hear it!" Dahyun thought as he started to panic that made him play the piano rough and fast.

"He's starting to unravel." Mina, whom is around with a lot of crowds, observed the younger guy's sudden change of performance.

"About Kim Dahyun..." Her mentor, Im Yoona, spoked that made the girl looked at her. "Rumor has it that he can't hear the notes anymore." And was taken aback at what Yoona said. She looked back again at Dahyun with widened eyes.

Dahyun's POV

Flashback

"Oh, man, we lost!" Tzuyu sighed in disappointment as we walked through the streets. It was already at night. "Win Nationals, take my third straight national high school title, generate unprecedented Chou Fever, relucantly move to the U.K... Stir up the rumor mill with a model, lesd the league in goals, win ten Ballon d'Ors in a row... My life of smooth sailing... kind of got derailed."

"I botched my chance of becoming a star."

I looked at him with a gentle smile with my music scores in hand. There he go again, typical old Tzuyu who loves to be in the spotlight. I didn't say anything and just let him continued talking.

"Setbacks come with the territory of becoming a superstar. It's more dramatic. Same thing with Messi." He looked above the starry sky and keeped his eyes on it as we walk. "Then it's the perfect deal for you." He looked at me and smiled with his usual one.

"I'm gonna hand over the role of this season's star to you, Dahyun." I smiled slightly then get my eyes back at rhe music scores.

"I'm not you, Tzuyu." I stated.

"Damn straight. I' me, you're you. I can't appeal to Momo's maternal instincts, and I can't play the piano." I could feel Tzuyu's head turn to to look at me. "You still can't hear?" I gripped my music scores a little tightly as I immediately know what he's talking about.

"I'm scared."

"I can't get it out of my head."

"I'm scared... I'm scared..."

"The idea... that I won't be able to hear the notes again." I stopped reading my music scores and stopped walking. Tzuyu also stopped and looked at me then smiled.

"Well, setbacks come with the territory of becoming a superstar. In the face of adversity that's when you know if someone's the real deal or not." I looked at him with a surprised face. He points his index finger on the sky. "Or so they say. The stars shine at night, you know!"

Flashback Ended

Author's POV

"Chopin, Etude Op. 25 No. 5... Was it...?"

"Is this really what it sounds like?"

"It's so fast, and so rough."

The crowds began to though as they watch how Dahyun's piano playing was not so... Chopin-like... I mean, it was something that the crowd didn't expect from Dahyun.

"Just like when he accompanied Sana-chan, the notes are all over the place. And he's only going faster and faster." Momo thought as she worriedly watch her childhood bestfriend play far from his title, 'The Child Prodigy'. Meanwhile, Sana's face never hinted a worried look on it. Because, she believes that Dahyun can do it, that he can conquer his fears.