Chapter 20: The Scenery I shared with You

Author's POV

Silence...

Nothing can be heard inside the auditorium, only the solemn mumblings and whispers of the crowd.

"So the prodigy has fallen back to earth?"

"What does this mean?"

"Disqualified. He won't be evaluated."

"Humph... it's over." The judge had decided and crossed out Dahyun's name on the list.

"No matter what the reason is, if you cut short your performance... The competition is over for you..."

Dahyun's POV

"Oh, man, it's all over now, huh?" As I look upon the ceiling, face sweaty and eyes filled with emotions that can't be described, Sana's silhouette is all I can see. The day of the competition with Sana...

"Here we go again. Two of a kind. Birds of a feather. That day, the moment I stopped playing, the competition was over for you. What was it that you were playing for?" I spoked inside my head like she could actually hear it. I gasped as I realized something and removed my gaze on the ceiling.

"You're so merciless. No matter what I see, I'm reminded of you."

I know she's looking at me with worry again, I can saw her in the hundreds of crowds.

"You really have no mercy. Even the you that's here inside me. You won't let me give up." I can still remember that day. "That day, what were you... What were you playing for, I wonder?" You just wouldn't give up, even if you already knew that you'll never win the competition because of me.

I looked up on the ceiling again, Sana... You're still full of surprises.

"Again!"

I now knew whom I will play for...

---

Inside Mina's mind, "He started playing again?"

"This is no good. He might've started playing again, but the tempo's uneven." Thought Chaeyoung as he observed and listen to Dahyun's playing.

---

Getting back to Dahyun...

"The important thing is your imagery. How do you want to play this piece? Who do you want to play it for?"

That day...

For what... for whom were you playing?

"Friend A."

"I want you..."

"I can't hear the sound of the piano."

Sana...

"I hearby appoint you as my accompanist."

Hey, that's right...

I... I'm going to play for you.

---

The crowd was stunned by the sudden change of the prodigy's playing. Especially, these people

"His playing is changing yet again. The opening was robotic as a computer... following the score to the note, dead-accurate... Then midway through, it was like a sobbing child pounding the keys... Three times, he transformed." Chaeyoung's piano instructor, Jeonghun, was taken aback. He really didn't expect Dahyun to change his playing for multiple times.