Chapter 15 - A Rival

See what I did there ^^ 😅

Author's POV

"From:
Internationals Schuberstein
Weccbewerb Ausschuss
Bismarckseraße 122-124
19999 Berlin
GERMANY

To:
Mr. Son Chaeyoung
Mr. Son Jeonghun
10-8-9 Nerima Nerima-ku
Tokyo 176-0001
JAPAN"

That's what is written outside of an invitation letter for Son Chaeyoung. But...

"Chaeyoung, you've recieved an invitation from the Schuberstein Competition. It's in Germany... You're finally going overseas!" Son Chaeyoung's piano instructor, Son Jeonghun, told Chaeyoung with such an 'encouraging' voice. "The Maihou Competition's around the same time, but let's cancel that one."

"Mr. Jeonghun." Chaeyoung called with a low voice

"Hm?"

"I won't be going to Germany."

"What?" Jeonghun gasped.

"I'm going to enter the Maihou Music Competition." Chaeyoung said while looking down, avoids meeting his instructor's eyes which is clearly wide and shockness filled it.

"But why!? They invited you, you know!" Jeonghun exclaimed in astonishment. "It's a golden opportunity that almost never comes up! And you also need to get overseas exposure before the Chopin comeptition! You already won Maihou last year, so there's no reason to make it a priority..."

"But there is a reason." Chae started to talk, which kept Jeonghun silent. "Kim Dahyun, he might be competing this year." He continued.

"You keep saying that, and how long have we waited? He hasn't shown his face in public for two whole years now. There are even rumors that he can't hear anymore." The instructor told him, desperately trying not to raise a voice on his pupil.

"He might be competing this time."

"Chaeyoung!" Now, Jeonghun is getting a bit impatient around Chaeyoung.

"I know it's ridiculous!" Jeonghun was taken aback at his sudden raise of voice but it became lower. "But my goal isn't to go overseas, or to play in the Chopin competition."

"My goal is Kim Dahyun. The competition that he'll be playing in."

Jeonghun was very silent through their whole conversation as Chaeyoung leaved his instructor left alone. All that means is one thing...

...Chaeyoung is very serious about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's gonna be all right. You can do this. You can play it!"

As Chaeyoung entered the stage, lots of people are clapping which adds more self-confidence to him.

Chaeyoung then took his seat on the piano stool, infront of the piano. And then, he started...

(A/N: This is what he played)

At the middle of his performance, lots of thoughts of were in people's mind while watching him play.

"Chaeyoung-ie!" Mina thought as she watched, Chaeyoung on the television while play. She didn't noticed that Dahyun was slowly getting closer, as he also wanted to watch Chaeyoung play. But as soon as she heard footsteps getting closer to her, she then turned her head. "Dahyun?"