Chapter 12 - On the Way Home

Sorry for the late update, kinda became lazy doing a chapter yesterday haha 😅

Anyways, enjoy this chap 😊

Author's POV

"Uh, we will now begin the rally for Regionals." The MC announced to the whole crowd. This is the day where Tzuyu and his team will be playing. "Now then, let's hear how pumped up-" The MC didn't even get to finish talking as Tzuyu already took the mic from her hand.

"What lucky boys you are to have been born in this era!" Tzuyu started, "After all, you're going to be there when a star named Chou Tzuyu us born!" It was just such a short speech but enough to make all girls squeal.

"Man, I'm so cool! I'll show all, a good time!"

"Uh, let's start over. Next..."

Scene Change

Inside the "Music Preparation Room" a blond girl and a certain guy, who we already knew, are currently listening in a recording of the guy's own piano playing. But...

"Lame."

"This is boring."

"Average."

"Pedestrian."

The words that the blond girl said are short but it hit the guy like a ton of bricks.

"But I can see you've got the set piece down pat." The blond girl, which is Sana, told him so it wouldn't felt like she insulted his own playing.

"Even if I can play the sheet music perfectly, it doesn't change anything. Chopin's whispering to me. "Where are you in all this?"" The guy, which is Dahyun, who's currently on the floor right now, sulking.

Sana saw this and walk closer to Dahyun, "Hey. Why don't we go cheer at Regionals? For a change of scenery."

"I'll pass on that. I'll only be the same as before if I leave it like this. I'm going to transcend perfection. Like you."

"Nothing doing. We're gonna go cheer!" Dahyun looked at Sana with wide eyes, "If you shut yourself up in here, you'll suffocate. Musicians need time to gaze up at the sky!" She the opened the curtains as Dahyun closes his eyes because of the blinding light. But when you take a peek at the window, you will see Momo and her team playing baseball.

"Last inning!"

"Tighten up the defence in the hole!"

"Don't let anything get through!"

"Just do it!"

Are those what can be heard in the field.

"We're counting on you, Momo! If we don't at least tie it up..." Jihyo cheered for her closest friend. And that was replied with a "I know." by Momo.

But Momo was slightly shocked that Dahyun was there to watch her.

"You can do it, Momo!" He cheered

"Dahyun..."  Momo smiled at her best friend. But what she didn't know that Dahyun is not the only one that's going to cheer for her. The world felt like it stopped when Momo saw Sana walked closely to Dahyun.

"Play ball!" The game already start but Momo is thinking about someone that has told her about something.

"A famous violinist once said... "Music transcends words."."

While she's in deep thought, she didn't notice the pitcher already threw the ball. So, quickly swing her bat, and missed.

"Strike!"