Chapter 17: Begin

Okay, starting of. I told you guys that I'll be updating this book about a week ago(?) But I haven't because my mobile data expired before I can even get to publish this chap :<. I don't have enough money to get a load so I can use my mobile data. Now that I've got my allowance, I can finally publish this chap :>

Enjoy!

Mina's POV

I was so closed at falling asleep on the auditorium that day but when I took a glance on that little guy with black-rimmed glasses who's in front of the piano, I let my eyes opened for a second.

He looks dead serious at this moment, then, when he touched the piano and began to play, something sparkled at his touch that made me so amused.

"That Sunday... I..."

The piano that I'm playing right now, with the crowds oh so silently watching, I never been this interested in a contest...

"What made you want to come to the park all of a sudden, Mina?" Mother asked me while I climbed the 'jungle gym'.

"Come on down, it's dangerous." Father worriedly told me, which I ignored.

When I reached the top, I yelled on the top of my lungs. "I'm going to be a pianist!"

At the top of the jungle gym, I chose a future as a pianist. I abandoned all my other infinite possibilities, and chose that one.

Come back! Come back!

"Welcome." My new piano mentor looked at me while I just looked away from her.

"Now, now, where are your manners?" My mother told me while patting my head.

"How do you do? I'm Im Yoona. What's your name?" The mentor named Yoona asks me with a bright smile on her face.

"Um..."

"What is it?" She asks me

"So that people who hear me will think, 'I want to be a pianist, too...'. Will I be able to play the piano like that, too?" The little me asked her ever so determingly as my tears are on the edge of my eyes.

Come back!

"If you wish for it hard enough, Mina-chan, I'm sure that the music will respond to you. The piano will listen to you." Ms. Yoona told me that day, when I first encountered a piano in front of me.

"Can I play it?" I asked her.

"Of course." Ms. Yoona took off the cover that's hiding those amazing piano keys.

I was so amazed that time, that I slowly touched a key of the piano. But I've only made a terrible sound.

"That's the only kind of sound I can make..."

"But the sounds that boy made were just like sunflowers..."

Kim Dahyun, who I yearned to be like.

"Every great performer played for the first time at some point. Even Mozart, even Beethoven. Even the person who made you think, 'I want to become a pianist.' What will you pour into your piano playing? What wish will you ask it to grant you?" The little me looked at my mentor with such an amusement visible in my eyes.

I...

"I want to play the piano like that boy. I want to stand on the same stage as him. That way, I just know... That I'll be able to see what he sees."

Let it ring... Let it ring... My piano!

At last, the long waited of the crowds cheer began to echoed around the auditorium.