Chater 14 - The Shadow's Whisper

⚠Warning!️⚠️

This chapter has so many Scene Changes

That's all...

Author's POV

"Myoui Mina and Son Chaeyoung... They were head and shoulders above the rest. The sheer amount of practice they've put in is obvious. This was the fruit of all those lessons. That makes it all the more disappointing." An unknown woman stated, "Because it makes Kim Dahyun look that much better. So, they served as Dahyun-ssi's foils yet again, right?"

Flashback a few years ago...

"He really pisses me off, that Kim Dahyun!" A blond haired little boy said while clenching his fists, this is Son Chaeyoung

"Because we lost to him again?" Said a dark haired little girl, Myoui Mina, while eating her popsicle

"No way!" Chaeyoung denied, "I'm just setting the stage to win the final. But aside from that... That jerk! He went home without even looking at the results, like he just assumed he'd won! I mean, would if kill him to look the least bit happy!? That in itself pisses me off!"

"He's not interested. Not in other people, and not in us. Probably... not in himself, either." Mina told Chaeyoung without a single emotion on her voice.

"You sure are cool about it." Chaeyoung stated

"Cool..." Mina thought, "I've never been humiliated like this before!"

"If he has no interest in us, then I'm gonna force him with all my might to look our way. I'll make him care. Someday... I swear..." Mina said, rather determingly

"I'm gonna destroy you... Kim Dahyun."

Flasback end...

"He looks a little more grown up. But he hasn't changed." Chaeyoung thought while looking at Dahyun, whose walking up the stairs. "Those annoying black-rimmed glasses are the same. Dahyun..."

"Long time no see. Right, Kim Dahyun?" He greeted Dahyun in a pretty smug voice.

This left Dahyun in confusion while scratching his left cheek with his index finger.

"Uh... Who are you again?"

Meanwhile at SaMoTzu...

"Not a lot of people here, huh?" Momo said while looking around the auditorium.

"On the contrary! For a preliminary round, this is a pretty big turnout. It could be the Dahyunie Effect." Sana said while giggling.

"Just now, in the restroom, all everybody could talk about was Dahyun. He's a really big deal, huh?" Tzuyu said while taking a seat beside Momo. And Momo proudly nodded.

"Why are you acting so smug, Momo?" Momo glared at Tzuyu, "But listen, this vibe I'm getting is kinda weird."

Earlier when Tzuyu's inside the bathroom

"Is he going to show off his mind-blowing technique again?"

"Exactly as the score's written totally under his mother's thumb, the secret marionette playing method!"

Two guys are talking about Dahyun, but in a not really good way. And Tzuyu just had to hear their conversation...

Back to present

"Do people hate Dahyun or something?" Tzuyu curiously and worriedly asked

"To follow the score, and to play exactly as the composer intended. Now that's an incredible feat." Sana said while looking at the stage. "In a competition, they can only judge you for that, but he can actually win just by being faithful to the score. He can actually raise the bar... That's what doesn't sit well with people. Especially the younger generation who seek out something from music. Needless to say, there's jealousy, too." Sana explained with a cute eye smile, but turned into a frown. "I mean, Dahyunie did storm his way through all those competitions."