Chapter 18: Resonance

I missed this book  :>

Flashback

"No running in the halls."

"Okay!" Said little Dahyun yet, he still runs eagerly to her mother's room.

You see, Dahyun's mother is currently at the hospital because of health problems. And our littlr tofu came to visit her.

Once little Dahyun reached Kim Sohee, his mother's, room, he excitedly entered it and called her Mother.

"I brought you your laudry, Mom." He told his mother before closing the door.

"Oh, Dahyun." Weakly, Dahyun's mother mumbled. "How did it go? The Nagai Memorial Competition?" She asked her son without any hint of excitement nor emotion on her voice.

But little Dahyun didn't seem to mind the way her mother talks. So he happily said. "I got first place! Here's the certificate." And gave the said award.

"But Haydn's given you such trouble."

"I practiced a ton!" Little Dahyun told his mother.

A smile crept upon his mother's wrinkled face. "Good for you. That makes me feel better. Your achievement are the best medicine for me, Dahyun." She said while looking at her child.

Little Dahyun looked on the floor with a contented smile. "Well, I'll take first place again! If it makes you better, Mom." He then looked at his mother, with sorrow visible in his eyes. "I'll take first place as many times as you want."

So...

Present time

As Dahyun looked at the piano, that always reminded him about all of the pain his mother had caused him. It makes his heart beats really fast.

"What's the matter?" One of the crowd said while looking at Dahyun, who just stood up while staring at the piano.

"He's standing still?" Another one muttered.

Dahyun gulped as he finally made up his mind. "Don't waver. Don't be afraid." He steps closer to the piano and took a seat from the stool. He made himself calm as he stared at the keys. But luck seems to be laughing at him.

"Dammit, it's overpowering me!"

And when he thought that his world is about to crumple, familiar voices rang up his mind.

"We're all afraid, you know."