Chapter 21: Hero

Chaeyoung's POV

Heroes are powerful

Heroes are lonely...

...and they walk off alone in the final scene.

...

He was just like that, too

My hero was just like that

"Was that good?"

"He was disqualified the instant he stopped playing."

My hero, WAS, just like that...

Dahyun's POV

As I hear the crowds awkward clapping, I immediately knew this sign.

Only scattered applause. A confuse audience...

But I smiled, because of one particular reason

Well, why not? Only one person matters to me

Will it reach her?

I wasn't listening to their applause, instead, my eyes are only focused on someone. She's still beautiful even with those crystal tears on her cheeks.

I hope it reaches her

---

"There will now be an intermission."

Chaeyoung, in disappointment, walked out the auditorium after hearing the announcement. Mina looked at his upset condition.

---

Competition was over a few minutes earlier. I wasn't as nervous as before until I saw the main judge. I made myself calm and bowed my upper body slightly as I passed by him and the other judges. Supposedly I'm going to ignore him until he wasn't in my sight anymore not until he spoked in a stern voice.

"A competition is..." I stopped walking but I didn't dare to look at him. "A competition is a sacred garden of music. Under no circumstances is it a place to find yourself." And then they left without recieving a reply to me. Can't blame them, I don't think I can even give a reply to the main judge.

"Still the same prickly old geezer, huh?" I turned around as I heard that familiar voice. "And he's escalated with old age. God help us." She looked at me and lift her hand, I thought she was going to wave at me but her hand just stay still.

"Hey, Mr. Mediocre!" Wait, short hair, pale skin, and grandma-like aura?

"Min-ssi?" I blurted out.

She glared at me with deadly eyes and pinched my cheeks. "It's Yoonji-ssi, remember?"

"S-Sorry!"

***

"You cut your hair. For a second, I didn't recognize you." I told her with a chuckle.

"Hey, a woman changes her 'do every time she finds a man." She spoked with a slight smile, she rarely uses her gummy smile just when she's with her husband named Jimin or something or when she's really happy.

"And besides, it's been two years." I smiled at that. Yeah, two years...

---