Chapter 22: Light of Life

Author's POV

*Ding Dong*

*Ring Ring*

Min Yoonji keeps on pressing the doorbell yet no one's answering. She decided to just open the door and go in, surprisingly, it's unlocked.

She looked down and saw Dahyun's shoes, she was immediately alarmed that something's wrong. Oh yeah, her daughter, Yumi, is with her.

She ran upstairs to Dahyun's room, opened the door and called. "Dahyun!"

There he was, lying on the floor, hands were swollen and music sheets scattered around him.

Dahyun's eyes opened and he stood up lazily like a zombie getting out of his coffin. "Huh?"

"Are you up? You've been resurrected!" Yoonji exclaimed as she covered Yumi's eyes for no reason.

"Zombie?! Zombie?!" Yumi yelled as she thought that Dahyun came back from the dead.

"Huh? Min-ssi? Good morning." Dahyun stated like a drunk person. "What's going on?" This made an irk mark on Yoonji's forehead.

"You wouldn't pick up no matter how many times I called you, so I'm here out of worry, you little punk!" Yoonji yelled at Dahyun's ear before smacking his head.

Yoonji looked at Dahyun again and this time she realized something. "Hey, aren't those the clothes you were wearing yesterday?!"

"Would it kill you to take a bath?! Huh?! The filth!" Yumi just stared at how Yoonji scolded Dahyun as if they were crazy people, well, technically... they are. "Want me to give you a wash just like old times?!"

"Whoa! I'll wash up myself." Dahyun defended. And to became even weirder, Yoonji began to strip Dahyun herself. "Wait! I'll take off my clothes myself, too!" Dahyun put his pants up and ran from Yoonji to the bathroom.

Yoonji just watched as the poor guy run from her. "Huh! Growing up on me, dammit!" She looked to her side, at the piano precisely, and remembered Dahyun's swollen hands.

"You were playing all night, until you passed out, huh?" Yoonji just smiled at the thought. "Dahyun... Look at you. Boys will be boys, after all."

Timeskip

Dahyun handed Yoonji a cup of coffee. "Here you go. Mi-- Yoonji-san, you take your coffee black, right?"

"Don't hold it where it's hot." Yoonji told him before taking the cup of coffee from his hands. "Is Namjoon-ssi still away from business? Ever the free range parent, I see."

Dahyun then put a smile on his lips before kneeling and asked Yumi. "Will milk be okay for you, Yumi-chan?" But the little girl just hid behind her mother.

Yoonji chuckled. "Well, it's been two years, eh." She stated before taking a sip of her coffee.

"To tell you the truth, I never thought you'd take up the piano again." Yoonji stated as she stares at the cup she was holding.

"Neither did I." That made her look at Dahyun.

"So what made you turn to the piano again?"

Dahyun smiled and looked down the floor.

The next day

Dahyun, Tzuyu, and Momo were chilling on the school rooftop. Momo's reading a manga, typical playboy Tzuyu is looking at a girl's picture, and Dahyun... is just being Dahyun while taking a sip on his milk in a carton.