Chapter 24 - Farewell

Rachel: I think I know why Daniel force me to be on his side.

Trevor: It doesn't matter now whether he forced you or not, he brings a jeopardy for himself.

Rachel: He can never be a werewolf. He is just an awful person or animal.

Trevor: Now that you see my purpose to serve is ended, we must say good-bye to each other. I shall return to our monarchy to inform Mathilda about Daniel.

Rachel: what? No! It can't be. I mean I need you here. You will come back right? What if he comes for me after you leave?

Trevor: He won't. He vividly know the bounds of agreement.

Rachel: I love you Trevor. My feelings for you is true. I am not associated to love you because of some stupid animal agreement. It is authentic.

Trevor: We can't love each other. Not at all. I am a skinwalker , probably a bondman or creature whose purpose is to serve humans and keep them safe from any harm. It is ill-advised to be in love with humans. I am sorry if you feel like I played with you but it was all to protect you.

Rachel: Wao! this whole thing was such a coup for me- I was living with a terrible skinwalker who wants to eat me to proof his power of being a werewolf and that werewolf , who wanted to expose his skinwalker friend because he thinks he was not going to share me as a meal and now I am in love with another skinwalker who refuse to love me back because they serve us or he was prank to love me for some sort of protection.

Trevor: This might all seems to be an ambiguous situation for you but you have an advantage over everyone else. You can save people in future whenever you suspect the roles of werewolf or barely any other skinwalker.

Rachel: Ah! You just gave a sight for my sore eyes.

Trevor: No, I am serious. I want you to protect your friends atleast if we can't.

Rachel: But I can't. It takes two to tango. I need you not just because I love you but also because I know you can protect everyone. Will you stay here with me? I love you alot Trevor.

My eyes were filled with tear and hope that he will stay but he deny aggresively.

Trevor: I told you I don't love you, you need to be protected. Everything we had was just a part of ploy. Farewell.

He came near me and kissed on my forehead. I closed my eyes when he was kissing. Tears were falling out and I was in a fix. When I opened my eyes, he wasn't there anymore. "Trevor?" and there was no response. I get back to Alex.
"Knock Knock! "

Alex: Rae!

Rachel: He is gone.

I cried and she hugged me.

Alex: What happened Rachel?

Rachel: He is not going to come back. He just left. He doesn't understand my love for him. He broke up with me.

Alex: Tell me what did he say?

Rachel: I don't know when will I find him again but this is something I cannot take it.

Alex: It's alright. We will find a way! Come and sleep here tonight with me.

I hold Alex and wrap my arms against her as if I don't want to leave this hug it was so calming and she knew exactly about my feelings for Trevor. Next morning, I woke up and I was still thinking if Trevor is here. Alex was getting dressed for class and I was in my Pajamas and told Alex that I too want to attend today's lecture.

Alex: Rachel... It's alright if you want to have some rest you can. I will cover up for you in the class.

Rachel: No. I feel like I will meet Trevor there. He just can't leave me like this. I am certain about his presence at class.