04 - Truth

Niel's POV

What is this weird feeling? The atmosphere is very awkward. I can feel the heavy tension between us. What have I done?

I feel bad for Aria since it was just meant to be us two but my friends just found me and decided to join me. I'm such an asshole, I asked her out for a day, just us two, and now it seemed like I brought my friends over. I should probably explain that to her.

"Uhh-" we both stutter.

"You go first," I laugh.

"No you go, mine's not that important," she says awkwardly.

"Sooo, I'm really sorry! My friends spotted me and joined me today. I really meant it to be just us but it turned out weird and all and....sorry," I apologise deeply.

"It's okay Niel, I'm actually glad I met your friends and the girls were really nice. Maybe one time, you could meet my friends as well." She says truthfully.

I let out a sigh relieved she isn't angry. "Just know I'm really sorry. What were you going to say?" I ask trying to lighten up the mood.

"Ah, nothing. It's not important. Don't worry about it," Aria says slightly downhearted. Did I do something? What do I do? Should I say something? ARRHHHHHH. What's wrong with me?

"You talked a lot with the girls today right?" I try start a conversation. TRY.

"Yeah when we sat together, we talked a little. Don't expect me to tell you because it's strictly girl stuff!" She says finally smiling a little.

I crack a few jokes and we make small talk. Why is it even more awkward now that I've started talking. I would facepalm myself right now but Aria would think I'm crazy. Hitting yourself in public is not a good idea. Okay?

---

Aria's POV

We finally arrive at my house and I wave goodbye to Niel. He said he would call me later as repayment for the day we lost. In a way, he's really sweet to think that. I think I was being a bit sulky on the way back though. The talk about Jessica really got to me. Tiffany specifically told me not to let it get to my head but....it did.

I head back inside to the familiar place. 2:24. Ehh, close enough.

"Mum, I'm back!!" I yell throughout the house. I get a responsive hum from the kitchen. I know she's okay with me coming home a bit late because I'm a good girl. Always have been, always will be.

I got to my room and flop down onto my springy bed. Just got to wait for his call I guess.

---

3:57

If he does that is.

---

5:19

Anytime would be good.

---

8:02

Preferably today if that's possible.

---

11:31

I hear my phone go off and rush to pick it up off my wooden desk.

Clearing my throat I answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Aria," he says cheerfully.

"When you said you were going to call today, I thought you meant a little bit sooner," I say wanting even a small explanation.

"It's still today right? Anyway I actually came up with a plan so you could give me a bit of a break," he says dramatically.