11 - Spy

Aria's POV

Niel stares back at me wide eyed.

"Are you okay?" I repeat once more.

"Yeah, if you got off me that would help too," he says smirking.

"That is a really smart idea," I say out of realisation. I haul myself up and help Niel stand by outstretching my hand. That position was really awkward now that I thing about it.

I quickly let go of the big warm hand and turn my back to him brushing off the grass that got stuck on my uniform. I think I'm blushing so I'll play it safe and stick to facing my back towards him. Why did I have to get so conscious about the closeness of us.

Niel's POV

I'm not going to ever tell her this but her hair smelled really nice when she swiftly turned around. I think it's a flower of some sort but I'm no expert so.

"I'm sorry I landed on you," Aria still facing her back to me. Why is she doing that?

"It's alright, you're really light anyway," I say while slowly trying to take a look at her face. I have to look at someone's face when I'm talking to them. A faced back to you gives you a feeling of rejection you know; it's an actual fact.

Finally sneaking a look, I'm surprised at the sight of her expression. Slightly flushed and nervous with scrunched eyebrows while looking at the ground. Is she nervous about falling on top of me!? I know, I got a great body.

"Haha," it slips out. I didn't expect her to become like that, so shy and tiny. "HAHAHA! Are you thinking about me now?" I say lifting an eyebrow.

"No~" she denies. Woah....she can't just cute attack me.

Without thinking, I grab her hand and pull her into a tight hug. I'm still laughing about how she refuses the truth and puts on that sort of expression.

"You're too funny Aria," I say in between laughs.

Aria's POV

Unexpectedly hugging me without knowing my true feelings is dangerous Niel. But you don't know that of course.

My heart pounds heavily against my chest and I'm worried he could feel it too.

I can't handle this feeling of nervousness and push him away a little too roughly.

"Owwww..." He whines jokingly. I didn't mean to push him away, more like a little nudge kinda thing.

"Sorry, sorry," I keep apologising.

"Nah, I'm kidding, it didn't hurt that much," he says with a smile. "I'm joking!"

When he's smiling and joking like this....I really like it. This is a moment I'll always think of when I think of Niel.

Niel's POV

Because I'm too manly for you guys to handle, I won't admit it out loud but it actually really hurt when she pushed me back; especially for a girl that small. At last she won't have any problems taking care of herself.

Hey, her wrist bone thing pushed against my ribs well, my abs because I have them *cough, cough* It hurts! I'm not creating excuses or anything.

"Let's keep going anyway," I say while over exaggeratedly marching.

Aria rolled her eyes but giggles at the silly move I made. Yes, I finally made her laugh. She runs like a penguin because of her bag and catches up to me while making conversation