{7. How did I become the bad guy}

4x07-My Brother’s Keeper

Elena is arranging flowers in a vase at a table and Caroline walks over to her.  "Look, I'm your best friend and I would never pick sides, but are you sure that this is what you want? Because Stefan is your soul mate." Caroline told her best friend and Elena looks up at her.

"Sorry. Picking sides." She huffed out.

"It's not like I don't love Stefan anymore, but I can't deny that ever since I turned, my feelings for Damon have become more intense." Elena explained to her friend.

"Yeah, I know. Stefan filled me in on all the gory Damon details." Caroline told her and Elena looked at her surprised.

"He did?"

Elena sighs. "Is he okay?" She asked Caroline.

"No, he's heartbroken."

"Well, what was I supposed to do? Lie to him?" She questioned as Caroline slouched.

"No, but you weren't supposed to let Damon weasel his way into your confused newbie vampire heart." Caroline told her.

"Well, he did and that's exactly what I am. Confused. I need to figure out what these feelings actually mean." Elena says as Professor Shane walks down the steps and over to Caroline and Elena.

"Excuse me, I'm a little lost." He said getting the two girls attention. "I'm here to interview contestants." Shaned told them.

"You're Professor Shane." Elena asked him as Elena and Caroline look at each other. "Yeah, that's right. Professor by day; pageant judge by other day. In spite of being absurdly unqualified, I'm apparently awarding a scholarship." Shane told them.

"Uh, inside by the parlor." Caroline told him as Shane points up towards the house.

"Right in here?" He asked and Caroline nods. "Mhm."

"All right, I'll just follow the scent of hairspray and world domination." He said as Caroline laughs quietly and Shane walks away and Elena turns and looks at Caroline.

"He's the one who told Damon how to break the hunter's curse." Elena said. "He's also the one that has Bonnie so obsessed with practicing magic that she bailed on pageant prep." Caroline pointed out.

"And now he's judging Miss Mystic Falls?" Elena questions as Caroline raises her eyebrows.

"Jack of all trades or kind of creepy?"