{23. One Last Time}

4x23 graduation

The next day Alaric, Jeremy, Elena, Jennalee, Tommy and I were eating lunch together at a freaking cemetery

The next day Alaric, Jeremy, Elena, Jennalee, Tommy and I were eating lunch together at a freaking cemetery. "Mm. Oh, my god." Alaric hums and I laugh at him and Jennalee and Tommy giggled at their dad.

And Jeremy also hums. "No grease on the Other Side, huh?" Elena asked them and Alaric looks at them with a smile. "You have no idea how much I've missed this." Alaric said and then he holds up a bottle of bourbon. "And this." He said about to drunk it but Elena takes the bottle.

"No, hey. Hey!" Alaric said as Elena takes a swig and jeremy looks at Alaric. "She just got her humanity back. Let her live a little." Jeremy told Alaric as Jeremy reaches for the bottle but Elena holds it away from him.

"Hey, you wish."

"I'm dead – what are they gonna do, throw me in juvie?" Jeremy questioned. "Well, at least you'd have a place to live." Alaric joked as he grabbed onto Jennalee in his arms and Elena smiles at them all and throws foods at us and I gasped.

"You guys suck!" She said and I looked at her shocked. "I didn't say anything." I tell her. "But you agreed."

"Hey! Now there it is – that smile. I wasn't sure we were gonna see that again." Alaric tells Elena and Elena is still smiling, but more sadly, her eyes glistening.

"I did some pretty terrible things." Elena points out and I nod, taking the bottle and drank some bourbon and she takes a deep breath. "Hey, no. No tears. If Caroline was right, we only have until tonight. We need a no-crying rule." Jeremy tells her.

"But the crying's good. It means that I'm finally feeling something, and right now I..." She stops and grabs their hands and Alaric grabs my hand and she smiles at us. "I feel happy." She said and we smiled at her and then that moment was cut short as he phone starts ringing.

"It's the Grill – it must be Matt." Elena tells us and answers as I listen to the conversation. "Hey, you went AWOL this morning – what happened?" Elena asked as a  familiar, but unexpected voice answered. "Hello, Elena. It's your dead friend, Connor. You remember me?" He asked and I froze and Elena looks shocked and Connor is still on the phone with Elena.

"We want Silas, and we want the cure." Connor tells her. "I don't know where they are, so I guess I can't help you." Elena tells him. "Huh. Well, you know who's gonna need some help? Grandma and Grandpa Jones, in town for the big high school graduation, along with Auntie Sue and Uncle Mark..." He pointed out and I look at Alaric and nodded as Alaric motions to Elena that he's going to do something and Elena also nods.

"Matter of fact, everybody here at the Mystic Grill for graduation brunch. You either give me what I want, or they die." Connor threatened as Elena keeps talking to Connor.