{9. Killing hybrids}

4x09-O Come, All Ye Faithful

Klaus is in his parlor painting on a canvas and I look at it admiring it. "I like it." I told him and he smiles at me. "Thank you sister." He told her as Stefan walks into the room and looks at the painting.

"Looks like a giant snowflake." Stefan pointed out. "I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event." Klaus told him and Adrian enters the room.

"You said it was urgent." Adrian told Klaus and klaus looks at him. "Yes, take this to the Mystic Grill immediately." He told him.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" He asked and Klaus walks forward and closes the space between him and Adrian.

"What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude." He told him and Adrian grimaces and walks over to the painting and picks it up and starts to leave the room.

"And be careful with that. It's still wet." Klaus told him and Stefan looks at him. "Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know."

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labour? What are you doing here?" Klaus asked him and Stefan walks down the stairs and into the room and I got up and followed.

'Elena is sired to Damon." Stefan informed us but we already know. "I intuited as much." Klaus says.

"Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever and yet here you are making postmodern snowflakes." Stefan points out.

"I've delivered." Klaus told him as Klaus walks away and grabs a cloth to wipe the paint off his hands.

"I retrieved the Hunter's sword from Italy which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's mark. You're the one who is supposed to deliver the Hunter and his mark." Stefan told him.

"Well, Jeremy is the hunter, and he has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark, but we can't quite figure out how to keep him from killing us." Stefan told him.

"Sounds like quite the chore. Which is why I feel perfectly justified doing a little charity work." Klaus tells him and Stefan nods.

"Hmm, or maybe you're lying about having found the sword." Stefan points out. "Why would I lie to you, Stefan?" He asked as Klaus strides past Stefan and towards a vault in the other room.

"We're in this together." Klaus told him and we follow Klaus into the other room and Klaus turns the dial on the vault and opens it up and he takes the sword out.