{18. The Pain Is Gone}

4x18- American Gothic

It's been a few days and Klaus is feverishly trying to get the piece of white oak stake out of his back

It's been a few days and Klaus is feverishly trying to get the piece of white oak stake out of his back. He is scratching his own flesh off, leaving the wound on his back a bloody mess. "Caroline" enters the mansion.

"Klaus, we need to talk." Caroline tells him as Klaus is moaning in pain.
"What happened to you?" Caroline asked him. "Silas. He attacked me. He stabbed me with the white oak stake. A piece of it-is still inside me." Klaus informed her.

"Oh my god, Klaus, that could kill you." Caroline/Silas said fakely and Klaus starts laughing humorlessly. "Well, I certainly feel like I'm dying." Klaus tells Caroline/Silas as Caroline reaches for Klaus' face, stroking it and when she speaks, she doesn't sound like Caroline.

"Hey. As much as I would love to watch you die, you still haven't found me that cure." Caroline/ Silas tells him as Klaus looks at Caroline/Silas.

"Silas!" Klaus tells out as he pushes Caroline/Silas away and falls to the floor. "That's right. Last night I looked like Shane, today I look like Caroline, and tomorrow-who knows? Maybe I'll be you're sister." Caroline/Silas tells him.

"Show me your real face." Klaus said with gritted teeth. "Now why would I do that when I can look like whomever I want you to see?" Caroline/Silas said as Silas approaches and Klaus shudders in fear.

"Resist me all you want, Klaus, but until you bring me the cure I will bring you nothing but misery. Now I have to go visit someone else.b Caroline/Silas tells him as he disappears and Klaus relaxes painfully.]

◾◾◾◾

Hours layer Caroline arrives to the mansion. "I got your fifty bajillion messages. This better be life and death." Caroline yells out to him.

"Go away." Klaus gruffs out. "Klaus? Where are you?" Caroline calls out as she finally finds Klaus shirtless sitting on the floor, leaning on a piano seat as she enters the room.

"What happened to you?" She asked looking as his horrible form. "I need more time. Stop hounding me!" Klaus growled out.

"I'm hounding you? I'm supposed to be running three different prom committees right now and you keep phone stalking me." Caroline yells at him.

"Caroline. Is it really you?" Klaus asked softly and Caroline looks surprised as Klaus struggles and pulls himself onto the piano seat and leans back against the piano.

"Prove it to me."

"Okay, I don't know if this is some new way of flirting, but it sucks, and I have more important things to do." Caroline tells him as Caroline turns around and starts to leave. "Wait, please. Silas. He stabbed me with the white oak stake." Klaus tells her as  Caroline turns around. "There's a-- a piece of it stuck inside me." He grunts out.