12 | Undrunk

"You know you didn't have to leave, right?"

"Yes, I did. I need a break from everything going on," Maya said to Alaric through the phone.

"Don't get yourself in anymore trouble."

"I don't go to trouble, trouble comes to me."

"Mmhmm, be safe Maya. Call me at the next hotspot."

"Bye Ric."

She then hung up the phone before walking back to her car. She had stopped to get gas before she ran out. Once she got to the top of the mountains, there was no going back. Not only had Maya left town because she didn't want to deal with the problems going on, she was trying to escape a certain hybrid that she had drunkenly slept with.

Tyler was with some pack in the Appalachian mountains, some werewolf named Hayley was helping with his sire bond problem. She was glad someone was there to help him.

After a few hours of boredom and music she finally made it to the packs location. Exiting the car, she looked around for her brother who she hasn't seen in forever. As soon as she saw him, she ran up to him and jumped on his back.

"What the hell?" Tyler muttered before dropping her and turning around. "Maya? What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to come and visit my little brother," she said rubbing his hair.

"I'm five minutes younger."

"Exactly." She then turned to the brunette who stood next to him, "And you must be Hayley?"

"Yeah, it's nice to finally meet you."

"Right back at ya."

She turned back to Tyler, "How are you doing?"

"I feel amazing, but the real question is how are you doing?"

"Let me guess, Caroline's been leaving messages?"

"Yep."

"Sounds about right."

"But I want to hear it from you."

"Do I have to say it?"

"Yes, you do."

"Fine," she groaned, "I'm a witch."

"How did that even happen?"

"No idea."

"Well, we're about to eat, you can join if you want."

"I'm not hungry but I will sit with you guys. We have a lot to catch up on."

They joined the rest of the pack in what looked like a campground. A man approached them.

"Who's this?" He stood in a protective stance as though she were an intruder. He had piercing blue eyes and he didn't remove them from Maya's face. He was definitely the alpha.

"Oh, she's my sister, Maya. She's visiting."

"A little warning would have been nice," he said before turning to look at Tyler.

"That would be my fault, he didn't know I was coming," Maya spoke up.

"Hmm. I'm Liam. If you're here for any alternative reason other then seeing your brother, I will find out and it won't be fun for you. Other than that, have a good time."

"An authoritative alpha, respect," Maya said before following Hayley and Tyler to their table.

"What exactly do you guys eat out here?" Maya asked as everyone sat down.