{15. Turn It Off}

4x15- Stand By Me

Caroline is scrubbing the floor when the door opens and Elena walks in with Stefan behind her carrying Jeremy's dead body and Caroline stands up

Caroline is scrubbing the floor when the door opens and Elena walks in with Stefan behind her carrying Jeremy's dead body and Caroline stands up. "Hey, you're home. I was trying to clean the burn mark where Kol--" She stops and she sees Stefan carrying Jeremy, his body wrapped in a blanket. "I couldn't get the spot out." She said as Stefan shakes his head a little at Caroline.

"Come on. Let's get him upstairs." Elena told Stefan as they walk upstairs as while Caroline stands shocked. Upstairs, Stefan lays Jeremy on his bed and Elena sits down beside him and holds his hand.

"Can I get you anything?" Stefan asked her. "No. I'm fine. I'm just gonna sit here and wait with him until he wakes up. Let me know if you hear anything about Bonnie, okay?" Elena said grabbing Jeremy's hand and stefan looks at her with a worried look.

"Yeah, sure." Stefan nods and leaves the room and takes out his phone to call someone who, maybe or may not want to be here right now.

◾◾◾◾

Luna came into the Gilbert's house and smelled a rotten body and she knew she was suppose to be mad, but she also did care about the two Gilbert's. "Thanks for coming." Stefan said and Luna narrowed her eyes at him. "How long has she been like that?" Luna asked him and she looked at Caroline and Stefan.

"Ever since we found his body. She hasn't said anything except that she's waiting for him to wake up." Stefan tells Luna.

"But he's not going to wake up. She knows that, right?" Caroline asked them as Stefan holds a finger up to his lips to silence her and he walks over to the sink and runs the tap, using the noise to cover their conversation.

"Look. Deep down, I think she has to, but we're talking about Elena here. She feels grief more powerfully than anyone else. I think her denial is the one thing protecting her from letting it all in." Stefan tells them.

"But she can't stay like that forever." Caroline said.

"I know, but I don't want to be the one to break her out of it, not until we know that Bonnie is safe, not until we get Damon over here to, you know--" Stefan tried to inform.

"Use the sire bond to convince her that everything is okay?" Luna said as Stefan nods as Elena joins them in the kitchen.

"I'm not in denial." Elena said making them look at her and Stefan turns off the tap. "I know that he was supernatural, but did you see? His tattoo is gone. The tattoo had the spell that opened Silas' chamber. Maybe it being gone means that he's fulfilled his supernatural destiny. Maybe he's back to normal. It's possible, right?" She asked them and looks at Luna and grabs her hands and Luna snatched her hands back, not wanting Elena to touch her and Elena frowned.