Chapter Thirteen

AN: Okay so welcome to Chapter Thirteen. So, Stefan is showcased a bit more in this chapter, be sure to let me know your thoughts about him in the comments. We'll also be meeting some new individuals in this chapter as well. As always be sure to comment as you read and vote! Enjoy! Now onward and forward to Chapter Thirteen!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Selena*

We arrived at a small, twenty four hour diner and went inside. It wasn't terribly busy, but it was enough for us to go relatively unnoticed.

We sat down at a table and a waitress sauntered over and gave us our menus. I noticed that she was showing far more cleavage than necessary and she bent over the table in a suggestive manner as she filled our water glasses.

"I'll be back in a few minutes to take your order," she stated as she gave Stefan and Damien a flirty smile. Then she sashayed away. I rolled my eyes.

Once she was out of earshot, I turned to the two brothers.

"I want to learn how to fight," I admitted.

Stefan raised an eyebrow.

"Any particular reason?" Damien asked.

"After what happened at the club and tonight. I want to be able to defend myself," I told them.

"That's fair," Damien agreed, "I'll teach you."

"You'll teach her?" Stefan asked, "I don't think so. You'll go too easy on her. Gabe and I will teach her how to fight. We'll start once we get back to Cygnus Keep."

Damien crossed his arms, but seemed to accept Stefan's offer.

"I'm not so sure I can eat yet," I admitted as I looked at the menu, "My stomach is still a little uneasy."

Damien gave me a look of sympathy and regret. Stefan's eyes held understanding.

"Stef, do you want anything?" Damien asked.

"Honestly, I picked this place so that we could kill some time while the clean up crew does their thing," Stefan replied.

"What'll happen to Darren?" I asked in voice so low that only Damien and Stefan could hear.

"He'll receive a burial and Star will have a witch that works for us notify his family," Stefan replied, "His death will be labelled as a car accident, animal attack, something like that."

"Do you always notify their families?" I asked.

"We feel we owe it to them," Damien explained, "For the most part their families are innocent people. And while we can't tell them the truth, they deserve an opportunity to mourn their lost loved one."

"Have the Hunters ever done that for you?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"No, and they never will," Stefan replied, "They prefer the torture, kill, and burn the body method."

Stefan's cellphone rang and he answered it. Thanks to my enhanced hearing, I was able to hear what the person on the other end was saying.

"Hey Star," Stefan greeted his sister.

"Hi Stef," Starlene replied, "Job's done. Now get back to the penthouse and get some sleep! You've got a meeting tomorrow!"