Chapter seventeen: homecoming

"Why are you wearing long sleeves in this weather? It's so sunny!" Sophie chirped.

"I-uh, I just wanted a change, I guess."

'Too sunny for this time of year...' I heard her grumble under her breath.

I drank the rest of my coffee that was in my mug while Sophie laughed. "You're going to need to wipe your mouth, unless you want a coffee 'stach. Not that it doesn't suit you-"

I felt tears hopelessly leak down my face and I decided to just suck in the pain and let out a shaky breath. It was nearing to christmas and has been a few months since Frank's left me. I missed his birthday and Halloween. They were having a little break for Christmas and I'd promised Ray I'd visit him when I could.

Every one's happy. Ray thinks everything is fine. He barely kept contact with me, he was too caught up in his music and keeping Gerard off the booze. Apparently when I left he felt 'out-of-place' which I think is bullshit because all he ever did was pick on me. I think Gerard knows about me and Frank because Frerard looks even more real every time I see an interview on MTV. It sucks.

"So it's December and everyone's leaving in a few days. Flights cost too much to fly home so I was wondering if I could crash with you this holiday..?" She asked with a smile. I nodded. "Sure! I'd love that. I mean, you spent Halloween with me, that shit holiday. I mean I hate it now, because of Frank. I wish he never was a drama queen. Anyways, when do you wanna leave?" I asked my best friend.

"Maybe tomorrow? It's getting pretty late now, look, it's nearing seven. And don't worry about your two roomies, they should be fine with me crashing." She said with a slight snarl of the thought of Hayley and Helena.

To put it bluntly, they hated each others' guts. Helena was hopelessly in love with Andy while he basically admitted his love for Sophie to me. It was sweet, I remember it so well. He truly is a sweet heart. He still hasn't said anything to her, though.

"Alright, let's go. Before they have a bitch fit when they come home," I agreed.

Once we made it back, it was spotless. Except for my stuff, of course. They stole all my snacks though...

"Those bitches!" I yelled and scrambled through the cupboard as Sophie plopped her English self on the cheap sofa. "So.. They stole all your snacks, huh. I told you they're bitches." She called out to me.

I rolled my eyes and silently agreed with her.

I made some hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows and placed it on the coffee table. "I'll tell you something that'll surprise you," Sophie started. "Sure," I said in a joking dismissive way. "I've learnt drums." She stated in a matter-of-fact way.

"Dude! You're not shitting me, are you?"

"Not. At. All."

"Fuck, I was just joking before though!"

-

It was a sunny day so Andy's friends, Sophie and I decided to take a visit to the nearest music store. There was pretty much a music store in most areas in this part of California. It's actually unbelievable.

"I'm actually going to get something this time," Sophie announced.

"What're you going to get?" I asked, kind of dumbfounded.

"I've been saving up.. And I remember how you said you wanted to start a band before so I decided that I will learn... THE DRUMS." She grinned and laughed ecstatically. "Wait! Soph, you can't afford drums," I started. "Although I'd love you to, you can't. You won't have enough cash to go back to England at Christmas,"