Chapter 30

A couple of months passed and Aaron and I had had more arguments. Things weren't as they used to be, even my mom had noticed. "Justin you're not telling me something, has something happened between you and Aaron dear?"

"Well we haven't really been getting along lately and things just aren't how they used to be."

"What do you mean not getting along?"

"We've been having a lot more fights and Aaron has been getting drunk a lot because of the arguments. Sometimes the fights even get physical."

"He's beating you?"

"No mom, it's not just Aaron it's me too, we both lash out."

"Justin you need to talk to Aaron and tell him how you feel, you need to see if things can get back on track and if they can't maybe it's time to call it quits?"

"I really love him though mom."

"I know you do honey. Right i'm going to leave you with your thoughts, but you call me if you need me okay?"

"Thanks mom."

She stood up and kissed me on each cheek and then let herself outside. I remained on the couch thinking until Aaron stumbled through the door. 

"Aaron we need to talk."

"No we fucking don't."

"You're drunk again aren't you?"

"Maybe just a little."

"How many have you had?"

"I can drink as much as I fucking want."

"Lets get you to bed."

"Don't fucking touch me i'm fine."

"Alright, i'll be in bed if you want me." I hurried upstairs to bed before any fights could start. 

***

I woke up the next day and found Aaron asleep on the couch. I gave him a slight nudge and he stirred, "I got you some painkillers and water."

"Cheers."

"Aaron we need to talk."

"Can it wait?"

"Not really, I wanted to talk last night but you came back drunk."

"Is it serious?"

"I've been talking with my mom and she got me thinking."

"Oh God this can't be good can it?"

"We haven't been the same."

"What?"

"Us, we've been fighting more, getting drunk and high more and getting into too many physical fights. I love you so much and hate fighting with you."

"I hate fighting with you too, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"Can we try and get back to normal?"

"Of course, whatever you want."

"If it's still not good in a few weeks, I think we need to call it quits."

"I promise i'll try and change, I don't want to loose you."

"I don't want any drastic changes, I just want old Aaron back."