My New Roommate

Colby and I had to share a bed. (Not that I'm complaining.) I had a favorite blanket that I slept with. It made me feel better and it made all my worries disappear. I wrapped up in it and I lay beside Colby. His smell was intoxicating, I don't know what it was about him that drove me absolutely insane. This is only the first day...

Colby got up to get something to drink from the kitchen and I was just laying there, playing on my phone. I heard him come in and I said, " well well well, someone's late to bed." He laughed at me and said, " Sorry honey, I'M BACK!" We both laughed. He lay down beside me and I felt his presence. Just his presence sent chills down my spine, I had goosebumps. He took one look at me and started a conversation.

C: Are you cold, Y/N?

Y: Just a little.

Colby gets up and walks to his closet.

Y: Colby, what are you doing?

C: Getting you one of my hoodies.

Y: Are you serious? *smiles uncontrollably*

C: Yeah, I am.

He grabs one of his XPLR hoodies and hands it to me. It smells just like him, which comforts me. He gets back in the bed and looks at me. I turned and faced him.

C: So, you beat the living sh*t out of that Chase dude and your friend.

Y: Ex, ex-friend, and oh yeah, he had it coming and so did she.

I was going through my photos and I saw pictures of Chase and me, I began to cry at the sight of them and I touched my bruised cheek. Colby looked at me and he tilted my face up towards him.

C: Y/N, please don't let him get to you. You are a beautiful, intelligent, bubbly person and he didn't deserve you. You are so much better than him and he deserves to live a crappy life for putting a hand on a woman, especially you.

I delete all of the pictures of him and I instantly feel a weight being lifted off of my shoulders.

C:  I will promise you one thing.

Y: Yeah?

C: I will protect you, I will care for you and him, and no man like him, will hurt you again.

Y: Thanks, Colby.

C: You're welcome.

I went back to playing on my phone and then I fell asleep.

Sorry that it was so short! What will happen next?