Sam Winchester

From taking in your surroundings you find yourself in a library of sorts

From taking in your surroundings you find yourself in a library of sorts. You don't really remember how you got here, but you feel as if your subconscious is tell you not to worry about that right now.

"Hello?" You call out to no one in particular.

"Okay...this is definitely not weird." You say to yourself sarcastically as you walk past rows of bookshelves.

Another minute passes and you continue to make your way through the seemly endless library until you hear footsteps. You quickly take cover and peak around the corner of a bookshelf only to see your significant other.

"Sam!"

Your abrupt and loud voice causes him to slightly flinch as he admits that you startled him. Your pace speeds up as you make your way to him. You embrace him in a short hug and then pull away only to stay close as you grip his forearms while his hands cup your elbows.

"Sam where are we?"

"I'm not sure. But I think we should look for a way out." Sam says as he moves his head around looking for an exit.

Sam's grip on you unexpectedly tightens and you look up to see his face twist in pain.

"Sam what's wrong? What is it?!"

"My...my head! It feels like it's...ahhh! Like it's splitting open!"

The strange painful sensation causes Sam to back away from you until his back meets a bookshelf. His hands wrap around his head and once he slides down onto the floor you fall to your knees in front of him.

"Sam! I don't know what to do!!! Tell me how to help!" You ask him with desperation and fear in your voice.

The immense pain he is feeling seems to worsen every passing second as his eyes remain screwed shut and his mouth is unable to speak anything other than cries of sheer agony. You begin to feel tears form in your eyes and then fall as you do nothing but stay by his side repeating his name over and over.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!!!"

Your eyes shoot open and Sam is looming above you as he sits up beside of you in the bed you both share.

"I thought you were having a bad dream so I woke you."

Your hands reach up to touch your face wiping away the tears that you must have cried in your sleep.

"I'm sorry I woke you up. Are you...are you okay?" You ask him with your voice quiet and breaking at the end.

"I'm fine. I'm okay." He says as he takes your hand and kisses it gently.

"Good...that's good."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

You hesitate from answering his question for a moment as you bring one of his hands to clutch close to your chest.

"I don't know it was fine until you...until you were in pain. And I...I didn't know what to do. I felt so helpless Sam."

"Well your dream is wrong. You keep me from pain just by being with me." Sam says tenderly.

"Come here." He says gesturing for you to curl up in his warm chest.

You take in a few deep breaths to calm yourself down after his safe arms wrap around you. His sweet and comforting words stay imprinted in your mind as you drift off back to sleep.