17 - Then Let Me Fix You

"Ready?" Jack asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I replied.

"You look amazing."

"Thanks, dad."

He hugged me and I hugged back. The doorbell rang so we broke apart and Jack answered it. Tyson stepped inside and saw me.

"Wow." Was all he said. I blushed.

Dress \/

Hair \/

"You look nice," I said to him

"You look beautiful." He replied.

"Thanks." I blushed again.

"Picture time!" Jack said.

He grabbed his phone and took our picture. We all got in the car and he drove us to the dance.

"Have fun, love you," Jack said to me.

"Love you too."

"Be good to her," Jack said while pointing to Tyson.

"I will sir." He said while smiling.

He smiled and drove off.

Tyson grabbed my hand and we walked inside. We did the Cha Cha Slide and awkwardly danced to some other songs, but then I sat down for a bit. A slow song started playing.

"May I have this dance?" He asked while extending his hand to me.

"I can't slow dance, and besides, everyone would see you getting close to me," I said.

"You don't want them to?" He asked.

"I just don't want you to knew known as 'the kid who likes the broken girl'." I said

"I'm fine if that's how I'm remembered." He said.

"But I'm broken," I said.

"Then let me fix you." He said.

I placed my hand on his.

"That still doesn't mean I can dance," I said while smiling.

"I can fix that too," I said.

He led me to the dance floor where we danced to the song 'Say You Won't Let Go' by James Arthur.

"(Y/N)... I love you." He said as we danced.

I was stunned.

"I-I love you t-too," I said.

"Will you please be my girlfriend?" He asked.

He knew about all of my problems, my past, my present, and now he wants to stay with me for the future. I felt tears of happiness begin to work their way down my cheeks while probably smudging my makeup.

"Yes," I said.

We both leaned in and sealed it with a kiss.

(A/N 364 words. Oh my God! This book was one of my favorite things to write even though it was so short. There will be a bonus chapter to update everyone about the lives of our characters. Thank you all so much for sticking with this even when the updates were so spaced out. Thanks for reading! Have a fantabulous day!)