SIXTEEEN: WHERE IS SHE?

Chapter sixteen: Where is she?
"Punch my face, do it, cause I like the pain."

•

When they finally got to a random store, Johnathan broke the window and everyone went through, people rushing to El's aid to help her wound. They left Eve in the car, knowing that she shouldn't be near Eleven is she woke up, considering it wasn't her anymore.

"What if Eve wakes up?" Mike asks the group worriedly as they get eleven on the ground.

"Then I deal with her, and you all hide," Johnathan says to them, "understand?"

The group nodded, Max skeptical as she began to help eleven.

The all froze momentarily when they heard glass smash. They all got up, going in front of eleven as Evangeline Harrington walked in.

"It isn't nice to leave wounded teenagers alone in cars, you know."

She stood still after speaking as she stared at the group, and it was at this exact moment that they didn't recognise Eve anymore. Her tone was foreign and frightening and the glimmer in her eyes translated something more evil than they had ever imagined.

"Where is she?" Eve asked them.

"Eve, please, I know you're in there..." Max's voice spoke softly as she took a step towards Eve, her heart hammering in her chest as she ignored the girl's question. "You wouldn't do this... I know you wouldn't do this... You wouldn't do this."

"Where is she?" Eve responded. Eleven, hidden behind the group, tried her hardest to not make a noise, she couldn't be seen. She'd be dead.

"Eve," Max spoke again, "come back, this isn't you."

By now max had managed to get right in front of the girl who was slightly taller than her, trying her hardest not to scream out of fear and cry out of pure sadness.

Eve stared at the girl dead in the eyes before letting out a huff.

"Then I'll find her myself."

And with that, she grabbed Max's head and slammed it into the wall next to her, making Max crumple to the ground passed out.

"Max!" Lucas shouted, the rest standing in shock. They couldn't let Eve get to Eleven.

Eve started walking towards the group, the group stood taller but they were all scared for their lives as the girl walked closer.