Chapter 2- Normal?

Roughly a week and a half after your rescue, it was finally time for you to be going back to school. Normally you would walk alone or catch the city bus, but after what had happened, you mom had insisted that your uncle drive you. 

"Fine by me" you told your mom, thankful for the ride. you finished your breakfast and hauled your backpack over your shoulder, walking out the door to your uncles car. "Have you seen the turtles lately?" he asked, starting up the car. 

"No, but i have Donnie's number. For emergencies only" you clarified. Placing your backpack on the floor between your legs. "You should shoot them a text" he said, pulling up to your school "see how they're doing" you stepped out of the car, hoisting your backpack back onto your shoulder. "Yeah, maybe i should. Well, bye!" 

You walked into your period one class, and took your regular seat. You had a lot to catch up on. Especially since Mid-Term tests were just around the corner. As the teacher announced that you could get to work, you pull out your cell phone.

You hovered your finger over the text button, contemplating what your uncle had suggested. You decided to wait until lunch to text him, you had been behind in class before your kidnapping, so you needed this catch up time.

Lunch finally, FINALLY arrived, and as soon as you got you lunch and sat down, you whipped out your phone and texted. 'Hey, its (Y/N). the girl you saved about a week ago. My family wanted to know how you guys were holding up" you sent. 

Almost as soon as you hit send did you get a reply. "Hi! We've been wondering when you'd text!" you smiled, and texted back "sorry it took so long. Didn't wanna bug you guys too much" "don't worry about it!"

After texting back and forth for the entirety of your lunch period, you sent a quick message "I've gotta head back to class" you instantly got a reply "do you wanna meet up later tonight then?" you contemplated the request, but agreed. Offering to meet at 8:30 that night, at a restaurant that Donnie had suggested.

When you got home, you told your mom that you had texted the Turtles. "Oh! How are they doing?" "Donnie said they were all doing fine!" you explained.  Your mom smiled. After explaining that you were going to see them later than night, she spoke again "tell them that they are welcome here anytime! Just tell them to give us a heads up so i can make pizza!" you chuckled and began doing your homework.

Eight o'clock. You were getting ready to see the turtles. You decided a little makeup would be appropriate, so you were putting the finishing touches when your mom knocked on the door. "Sweetie, your uncle is gonna drive you, when you get to the restaurant, don't talk to anyone you don't know but staff, okay?"

You nodded. Not like you had plans to talk to complete strangers, but your moms reminders were there for a reason. You grabbed your purse, armed with a swiss army tool, you phone, some pepper spray, and roughly forty dollars cash.

You uncle drove you to the front of the restaurant. "24/7's" you read the name of the place out loud. "This is it! Thanks" you stepped out of the car and into the restaurant. It was empty besides the man behind the counter. 

The owner of the restaurant was blind, so it took him a while to notice you, but he was super nice. You could tell why Donnie had chosen this place to meet. You placed an order for your favourite sushi, and waited.

It wasn't long before the purple clad turtle sauntered in through the door. But you didnt turn to look. Only when he announced his presence did you look up. "Hi (Y/N)" he said. You turned to look at him, a mouth full of sushi. You swallowed and blushed a bit 'HI Donnie!" you started, "where are your brothers?"

Donnie rubbed the back of his neck, smiling a nervous smile. "Oh, uh..." he stuttered. 'God' you thought 'every time I see him he looks cuter.' you listened intently to him "they didn't really... wanna come" he admitted.

"Oh" 

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to disappoint you!" he apologized. His face flushing slightly pink. You smiled kindly "im not dissapointed. Now i can get to know you without your brothers bothing us" Donnie immediately perked up. You smiled with him, and held up a piece of sushi for him to try. "This is the best thing you'll ever eat. I promise!"