Chapter 20 - Mistake

You didn't bother running back home to get your Bo, opting instead to run directly to the lair. 'Donnie never turns his tracker off' you thought as you ran. you jumped the turnstile and into Donnie's lab. You looked at the screen of the tracker, four colour-coordinated dots moved across the map.

You kept your eyes on them until they stopped, keeping a close eye on their location. Once they did stop, you wrote the street name on the back of your hand. The only thing that kept you from worrying was spite.

You were going to show them that you could help, preparation or not. You ran into the dojo and grabbed a spare Bo staff. Master Splinter tried to ask you what you were doing, but the ringing in your ears was too loud.

Although you were extremely short of breath, you didn't stop running until you were sure you were on the right street. The ringing in your ears died down, only to be replaced with the sounds of an intense battle.

Keeping your distance, for now, you surveyed the fight. Other than the turtles, there were two mutants. There was a large black dog-like mutant and a fish with robotic legs. 'These two should be easy to take down' you thought to yourself.

You inched closer to the battle, ducking between buildings and behind dumpsters, making sure neither side of the battle spotted you. The closer you got, the more intense the battle seemed to be. You tried to hear what either side was telling each other, but you could barely pick anything up.

You were right behind the fish mutant, readying yourself for an attack. He was currently facing off against Raph and Mikey, swirling a butterfly knife around. He was busy taunting them, so you decided this was a good time to drop in and land a hit.

You ran as fast as you can into the middle of the scene, running past the fish mutant and reverse clotheslining him in the process. You spun on your heel next to Mikey and readied yourself for the rest of the fight.

"Nice hit (Y/N)!" Mikey complimented. Raph turned to look at you. "(Y/N)?!" he yelled "you can't be here! this is way too dangerous for you!" you glared, tightening your grip on your body. "I'm not leaving!" you protested.

Raph rolled his eyes as he charged at the fish mutant. You looked to Mikey when he suddenly spoke. "That one is fishface, and the giant Zombie dog is Rahzar!" he clarified. You nodded in understanding, then tried to follow Raphs lead, charging at Fishface.

You used the blunt end of your staff to jab him in his stomach, knocking the wind out of him. You chuckled as he reared back, placing his hand on his chest. You smirked, but only for a moment before Fishface came running at you.

You jumped out of his way at just the right moment, then gripped your bo tighter. Fishface was out cold, having charged into a brick wall. You chuckled, then turned your attention to Rahzar.

As you prepared yourself, you found yourself making Eye contact with your boyfriend. His expression flicked between anger and concern. "Donnie!" you shouted, pointing. "DUCK!" he ducked just in time as Rahzar's fist swung at him from behind.

You ran towards the action, only to be held back by Leo. "hey! Lemme go!" you protested trying to get past him. "This is way too dangerous! You need to go home!" he ordered. You were just about to comply when Rahzar grabbed you and lifted you like a doll/

You screamed at the top of your lungs, kicking and flailing. "Put me down you stupid mutt!" you flailed harder, succeeding only in tiring yourself out. You panted, still trying to free yourself from Rahzar's death grip.

"Put her down Rahzar!" Donnie shouted, rage filling his voice. Rahzar only smiled. "Aww, she means a lot to you turtles doesn't she?" he teased. "Then Master Shredder will love to see her dead!"