Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise

It was another boring school day. Your mid- term tests had just ended, which meant that Christmas break is just around the corner, and winter weather was already kicking into high gear.

You Zipped up your sweater, a cold chill blew through the classroom. Your focus on your teacher was hazy, and you kept dozing off. "Alright class, get to work" you heard your teacher finally call. You tried to rub the sleep from your eyes as you began to work.

You felt your phone buzz in your pocket. You put your pencil down to check it. A text from Donnie. You smiled, opening your messaging app. 'I've got a surprise for you at the Lair, Come straight here' you chuckled quietly, your phone buzzed gain, another text. 'I already talked to your mom, Leo's Gonna pick you up'

'Same spot?' you texted back. Checking the time as you did so. 'Yep' you turned your phone face down and continued to work. The boys had been picking you up from school a lot lately, especially since you started training with them. But since they couldn't exactly be seen in public, you had a secret meeting spot.

Soon enough, you were counting down the minutes to the final bell. Ten minutes, five minutes, two minutes. You began packing your things into your bag. Filing loose papers into your binder. The all too familiar sound of your school bell rang through the air. Students filled into the hallway and to their lockers. You stopped at yours to put your books away and to grab your jacket.

Once all your belongings were in their place, you sped out of the school and toward where Leo would be waiting for you. You turned the final corner and saw the Shellraiser, youran up to the side of the repurposed subway car and opened the door.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Leo cheered, smiling at you in the rear view mirror. "Hi Leo" you replied as you sat and buckled your seatbelt. "Anywhere you wanna stop first?"

"Donnie needs you to stall?"

"Yes"

"Hows coffee sound?"

Leo laughed and drove toward your favourite coffee shop. When you came to a stop, you stepped out of the shellraiser and walked into the Coffee shop. You placed the orders and waited, Pulling out your phone.

After getting the Coffees, you walked back to the shellraiser. "Thanks (Y/N)" Leo said as he drove off. You sipped your drink as Leo drove, and before long, you were at the lair. You and Leo stepped out of the shellraiser.

You greeted Mikey and Raph as you walked to Donnie's lab. You opened the door to the lab, but Donnie wasn't there. You placed your drink on the nearest table and walked around, looking for him.

"Donnie?" you called out, still searching for him. "Don?" "over here!" you heard Donnie call from outside the lab. You spun on your heels and ran to greet him. You jumped into his open arms and hugged him tight as he spun you around.

You giggled as he put you down, Kissing the top of your head. "Your surprise is here" Donnie said as he lead you to the dojo. You followed his lead excitedly. After you were both in the Dojo, Donnie closed the paper door behind you.

Master splinter was there, Kneeling in front of the giant bonsai tree. You bowed respectfully, as did Donnie, before you both knelt in front of him. He began speaking "(Y/N)" he began calmly. You nodded. "You have been training with us for quite a while, wouldn't you agree," he said with a smile.

You smiled back. "Hai sensei" you nodded. "I think it is time you began training with a weapon" your face lit up, you looked back and forth between Donnie and Splinter. "And i have just the weapon for you (Y/N)" Master splinter stood up, beckoning for you and Donnie to follow.

Donnie was smiling like a dope, and you couldn't help but smile too. Master Splinter turned to you, and handed you your very own Bo staff. You could barely contain your excitement. "Thank you Sensei!"

Splinter smiled. "Donatello will help you master the bo staff." he turned to Donnie "won't you, my son?" Donnie blushed slightly. "Hai Sensei!" you both bowed as Splinter left. You turned to Donnie. "Do you like it (Y/N)?" he asked shyly.

You pulled him close, kissing him. "I love it Donnie! Thank you!"

"Well, there's no point in just standing here. Lets get training!"