Chapter 22 - Bugging

Finally, Finally! You were healed enough to go on patrol again! You couldn't wait!! You ran down to the lair as fast as you could, trying your hardest to not clue Casey into where you were going.

Your bo was waiting for you right where you left it. You reached into your back pocket, pulling out your purple sports tape from Christmas. You wound a layer of the purple tape around the bland white tape that was already there.

You slid the bo into is place on your back, smiling as you did so. It felt nice to be able to help out the boys again. As you were thinking, Donnie crept up behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Donnie!" you yelled, pouting as your boyfriend peppered kisses along your collarbone.

"We leave in ten, Buttercup" he informed, loosening his grip on your waist as he painfully slid away. You followed closely behind, into the lounge, where Leo was already waiting. "Don?" he asked, "did you tell (Y/N) the game plan?"

"Don't worry leo" you interrupted, "I know what's happening, Mikey and Raph are going with the mutanimals and we're going to infiltrate shredder's lair!" you stated proudly. As you finished clarifying, Mikey and Raph entered the lair, both ready to leave.

"Alright then. Let's hurry!"

Racing across the rooftops, you, Donnie and Leo soon came across the abandoned church that was the Shredder's Lair. "this place always scared me as a kid" you admitted, looking at the gothic cathedral that sat in front of you.

"This is a very dangerous mission (Y/N)" Donnie informed. "I'm planting a listening device and were getting out" you nodded in agreement before following Donnie and Leos lead into the church.

Shredder's lair was a dark hallway leading to a cement throne. A path of metal lined with a glass-covered pool of sludgy greenish water. A dark silhouette of a fish swam around the dark water. 'Fishface' you thought to yourself.

As quietly as possible, your trio dropped into the room. You and Leo kept watching at the entrance while Donnie planted bugs around the room. He barely managed to plant the last one before two deep voices echoed down the hallway.

"Time to go!" Leo ordered, ushering You and Donnie back towards the way you came in. the three of you ran nonstop for five blocks before finally slowing. You leaned against a satellite dish to catch your breath.

You looked to your boyfriend, who was setting up the transmitter for the bugs. Muffled voices separated by static came running through the transmitter. "We review the plans tomorrow-"

"Plans?" Leo wondered aloud "I guess we have to tune in tomorrow, but for now, we should head to the rendezvous point" you and Donnie nodded in agreement before running to the rendezvous point.

On your way there, Donnie looked back to you. "You've never met the mutanimals have you?" you shake your head. " I don't think so," Donnie smiled. "They're great!" he said, "you have nothing to be worried about!"

You sure hoped not.