Chapter 6 - Out of Town

You and donnie sped through the streets of New York, Laughing and Yelling. You didn't dare let go of him, squeezing tighter as he took sharp turns through alleyways. Donnie slowed down as you neared the outskirts of town.

"You don't have School tomorrow do you?" Donnie questioned "no, why?" "i-i was wondering if you'd like to spend the night with me" he stuttered. You blushed "pull over and ill call my mom."

Donnie pulled over fairly quickly, and you pulled your phone out of your pocket to call your mom. After explaining the situation, your mom agreed, but you had to come get some things first.

As you hang up, you turned to Donnie to explain what your mom had wanted. "Well alright, we'll head back" you tighten the helmet on your head and sat in the go-Kart. Then off you sped, towards your house.

You were at your doorstep fairly quickly, and it wasn't even ten o'clock. Your mom opened the front door. "Yo go pack sweetie, i wanna talk to Donnie" your mom instructed. You ran up to your room to pack an overnight bag.

You scrambled around the house for ten minutes trying to find everything you would need. When you finally finished you could barely breathe. You walked up to your mom and Donnie, your mom had a devilish look on her face.

Donnie helped you secure your bag to the go-Kart. You hugged your mom goodbye, and told her you would call when you were on your way home. You pulled the helmet back onto your head and waved to your mom as you drove off.

As Donnie drove further and further from your house, you grabbed tightly to him, even though you weren't going nearly as fast as you had been. "I uh... I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry" Donnie said abruptly.

"Sorry? For what?"

"For kissing you"

"Oh"

You looked up at the sky. "I didn't mind it really" you said, holding Donnie a bit tighter. "I just wasn't expecting it is all" he let out a sigh, "Oh thank god. I thought you would hate me" you reassured that you could never hate him.

"Uh... Donnie?" you questioned "where exactly are we going?" "ill tell you this. You're not spending the night at the Lair. that's for sure" you chuckled. "Alright Don. I trust you" you said as Donnie began to drive out of town.

The drive was relaxing, the farther out of town you went the more stars you could see. You looked up to locate the north star. It wasn't hard, it was the brightest star in the entire night sky. Once you had it in your vision, you squeezed your eyes shut and began to make a wish.

"Starlight, star bright" you whispered "first star I see tonight. I wish i may, i wish i might, have this wish I wish tonight" you squeezed your eyes tighter and made your wish. "Uh, (Y/N)?" Donnie asked "what on earth are you doing?" you opened your eyes.

"Making a wish on the north star" you explained. Donnie let out a laugh "isn't that for kids?" you loosened your grip on him to lea back a bit "it doesn't hurt to try" you sighed. You closed your eyes again to enjoy the drive, when you heard Donnie reciting the rhyme.

You chuckled before leaning your head to rest on Donnies shell, beginning to drift off to sleep as you entered the countryside. "I'll wake you up when we get there," Donnie reassured. You nodded, and began to drift off to sleep.

Your eyes fluttered open as Donnie carried both you and your bag into an abandoned farmhouse. "Donnie?" you grumbled he smiled down at you, hie eyes hooded. "You looked too peaceful to wake up. Go back to sleep okay?" even when you were half asleep you couldn't help but smile back at him as you closed your eyes again.

Only half asleep, you could tell what was going on around you. Donnie had laid you in bed and was putting your bag somewhere nearby. Once you heard your bad fall to the floor with a small 'thud' you heard Donnie walking over to your bedside.

He pushed a strand of hair out of your face. You couldn't see but you could tell he was smiling. You stirred and opened your eyes slightly. "Hey (Y/N)" Donnie whispered, his hand cupping your cheek. "I'm gonna go to the other room okay?"

You nodded, but sat up. "Donnie?" you croaked out, still groggy from your nap. He turned to look at you. "Yes?" you leaned in and quickly kissed him "payback" you whispered as you curled up under the covers.