Chapter 11 - Winter Nights

Winter weather as finally in full swing. You woke up one Saturday morning to a heavy blanket of snow coating the ground. You threw open your window and reached out into the cold air, then reached down to the windowsill and grabbed a handful of snow.

"Mom! Snow!" you called, letting the white fluff melt on your warm hand. "I know sweetie!" you mom called back at you. You chuckled and closed your window, then went to get dressed.

You bolted down the stairs to greet your mom, who was currently flipping pancakes. You waved and grabbed a plate of food, then sat in the living room to eat and watch tv. As you changed the channel, you stopped on the local news channel.

Christmas music rang through the air, a smile crept onto your face. "I can't believe christmas is right around the corner" your mom said as she strolled into the living room. "What do you think they boys would want for christmas?"

You looked up at your mom, then down at your phone. "I think I have a few ideas" your mom shook her head and left the room as your phone's text tone rang. You looked down to see a text from Mikey

"Come 2 lair ASAP"

"Mom!" you called "the boys need me at the lair!" you shot up as you texted Mikey that you would be there soon. "Dress warm! It's supposed to snow even more later!" you pulled on your thick winter coat and ran out the front door.

As you walked through the sewers, you heard a loud clatter in the direction of the lair. Scared that someone might be attacking, you ran the rest of the way there. You jumped the turnstile and balled up your fists, ready for a fight.

As you looked around the lair, you saw a synthetic Christmas tree half assembled on the floor, Raph on the ground, tangled in Golden tinsel, and Mikey holding a long string of Christmas lights.

"What the hell happened here?" you questioned, unclenching your fists. Raph growled "I was putting up the tree and Mikey fucking attacked me!"

You couldn't help but giggle and offer to help. Raph agreed, and as you were untangling his from his shiny gold prison, Leo and Donnie walked into the lair, both holding boxes.

You managed to feel Raphs arms as they walked in, so he could do the rest himself while you went to greet Donnie. He placed his box on the pinball machine just before you leapt into his arms.

"Woah!" He yelled as he caught you "you nearly toppled me over!" You smiled. Before anyone could question why Raph was covered in sparkles, you quickly interjected, explaining the prank gone wrong.

You helped the boys set up their Christmas tree. But once it came to decoration, you let them do their thing. Their baubles were a mish-mash of homemade and store bought. Some had obviously seen some wear and tear.

Donnie turned to you, a large golden star in hand. "Would you like to do the honours?" You smiled "of course" Donnie handed you the star and lifted you by the waist.

You delicately placed the star on the top of the tree, all four turtles smiling at you. "Thanks for your help (Y/N)" Leo commented. "No prob!"

Leo had made hot cocoa for everyone, but after delivering it, went to meditate. Raph also left, retreating to his room. That left you, Donnie and Mikey.

You curled up next to Donnie, Sipping your hot chocolate. "I can't wait to spend Christmas with you... oh, I'm on holiday break now!" Donnie smiled "maybe you can spend the night sometime!"

Donnie wrapped his arm around you, and as you finished your hot cocoa, you drifted off to sleep in his arms.