Chapter 23 - Threatened

You had just gotten home from patrol, and it was way later than you had intended. You had just had so much fun with the mighty mutanimals that you had lost track of time. You snuck into the house as quietly as you could.

"Going somewhere?" you yelped, Casey was sitting in the living room, apparently awaiting your return. "Jesus christ Casey, you scared the shit out of me!" you complained, scowling at your older brother.

"If you must know," you said, a snarky tone to your voice, "I was with the turtles" you started walking up the stairs to your bedroom, only for Casey to call you back down.

"And you're so late why?" He crossed his arms, protective big brother mode activated, "patrol just took a bit longer than normal! Get your mind out of the gutter, Puck breath!" You pretended to vomit before finally retreating to your bedroom.

You slept peacefully through the night, only to be woken up by Donnie tapping your shoulder. You looked up at your boyfriend, annoyance lining your gaze, only for your expression to soften when you saw your boyfriend's concerned face.

You began to ask him what was wrong, but he cut you off halfway through your sentence. "We found out shredders plan. Your whole family is in extreme danger!"

Before you could express your confusion, Donnie explained. Turns out, the shredder was planning to blow up the water tower that supplied your whole neighbourhood.

If he succeeded, the whole area would flood, killing hundreds, if not thousands of people, including you and your family.

"Your mom and uncle already packed most of their stuff up, all four of you are coming to the lair" You glared at Donnie, "you don't expect me to just sit and watch while you guys risk your lives to save us! I'm going on this mission!"

Donnie was about to protest, not wanting you to get hurt, but your mind was already made up. "No buts. I'm coming!" Donnie didn't argue. You packed up everything valuable, then followed Donnie, along with the rest of your family, to the lair.

Casey complained about the smell, but you, your mom and your uncle didn't seem to care. All four of you looked as the paper doors of the Dojo slid open. Master Splinter walked out calmly.

Casey yelped in fear. "Giant Rat!" he squealed, hiding behind your mom. You couldn't help but chuckle. "Hello, I am Hamato Yoshi, but you may call me Splinter. We hope you will be comfortable here while your home is at risk"

Your mom and uncle continued to talk to Splinter while you and Donnie showed Casey around the lair. "I can't believe you can spend all this time here!" Casey complained. You rolled your eyes at your idiotic older brother and continued to show him around the lair.

As soon as you were done showing your family around, you and the turtles retreated to Donnie's lab to plan your attack. Casey insisted he sit in, but your mom made him leave you alone.

You made your plan of attack. You and Donnie's brothers would provide cover while he defused the bombs, then you would get the hell out of dodge. The plan was simple, but you all seemed to share a mutual understanding that this was going to be a very dangerous mission.

You all knew that you had two days to prepare and that this could be the be-all or end-all of this team.

And you were terrified.