goodbye

A/N: this will be quite a long chapter, like really really long, so don't get bored, yeah?

seconds, minutes, hours, days, and weeks has passed. and as those days had passed, hyerin had grew weaker, hiding it everyday from everyone she was interacting with.

she grew closer with everyone around her, always smiling and talking to them as she wanted to go away without having hard feelings with anyone, she hanged out with her friends, making time for everyone she had grew close with.

she lived her life, that was what's important to her.

she grew closer with jaehyun, she grew closer with the boys, everything was back to normal, far too normal, it was amazing to feel happy everyday. she introduced jaehyun to the boys and ever since both jaehyun and taehyung had developed quite a connection.

she was happy, until the day came.

the day when what she feared the most had came, the day when she had to go.

"noona? why don't you look fine?" jaehyun asked, seating next to her in the bed, "are you sick? do you have any fever?" he asked as he continue to peel off the orange in his hands.

"jaehyunie, you're a big boy already aren't you?" she asked, vision quite blurry from the pain she was feeling at the back of her head.

he hummed in response, "of course i am, why?" he looked at her with those big doe eyes of his, he's been hanging out with them too much, he was slowly resembling the boys, with the eyes of jungkook, the smile of taehyung and the dimples of namjoon.

"what if i have to leave? noona needs to go somewhere for a while and we might not see each other for some time." she faintly smiled, tears threatening to fall already, "will you be fine?" she continued.

"why? do you have to go? if its because i've been bad then i promise i'll always be good, i'll follow whatever you say from now on." he raised his right hand, ready to pledge an oath.

hyerin let out a light chuckle, "no, you've been very good. i just need to go, but we'll see each other again, of course we will." she ruffled his hair.

"when? how long will you be away, noona? who will i stay with?" jaehyun continued to ask, letting few tears fall.

"i don't know when i'll leave, but we'll see each other again when you're 100 years old ?" jaehyun's eyes widened, shaking his head, "why? you'll live that long."

"but," he paused, thinking it is actually quite cool to live that long, "but that means it will take ages for me to see you again." he pouted, thinking of how long it would take to see his favorite noona again.

"you'll be fine, jimin and the others are here and minhee as well." she kissed his head, pushing away the thoughts of her leaving soon, mabye quite too soon.

reaching out to her drawer, she got out a necklace and showed it to jaehyun, "you see this? when mom went away, she gave me this. and since i'm going away as well, i will give you this, okay?" she helped him wear the necklace, "don't loose it, take care of it." she pinched his cheeks.

"don't worry, noona. while you're away i promise to be a good boy and i will never loose this necklace. are you going to see mom?" he asked, still clueless that hyerin was already saying her farewell.

she nodded in response, "i will, and i'll tell her how you've been so good."

hyerin started crying, she didn't want to leave him alone. she still wanted to protect his favorite jaehyunie from the cruel world they were in, she wanted to watch him grow, to watch him graduate school, to watch him be the man she knows he will be.