Pt.1

The wagon I was travelling on pulled up to the front gates of the Lavoís mansion. This is it. My new husband is waiting on the front steps accompanied by his folks.  I miss my mum and dad already, they cried watching me go.

We weren't exactly high class nor barely middle, we struggled to have a small meal on the table. My mother scrapped up enough money to buy me a dress for a portrait of me and that's when Denver walked in to my life.

Nobody gets married this young, but my parents made me marry a man I don't know that much.  They'll give you a life we can never give you, They said.

Although, my husband is super handsome and looks interesting, I'm eager to know him. A servant slowly walked to my side then opened the door for me.

"Thank you."

That's odd. She never looked at me in the eye, always kept her head low as she guided me to my husband. 

Denver stretched out his hand for me to take then he planted his soft lips on the top of my hand, kissing it before lifting his head.  "May I say you look lovely this morning," he said with a big smile. His british accent is extraordinary.

"Awe, thanks love." I'm getting butterflies. I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear but remembered I'm wearing a hat.  It's soon going to come off when Denver takes it off my head once we're alone. I guess it's tradition.

Though we're not allowed to have intercourse at ALL. It is to be avoided at all costs.  I'm not looking foward to having anything intimate anytime soon, but I must be ready for when the time comes.

Interlocking my arm with Denver, I smile respectfully at my in laws.  They're kinda like the evil king and queen who wanted a rich girl for their rich son. But I don't know what Denver told them to accept me. 

"Dilectible to see you again, dear. Are you ready to see your new home, Roselle?"

"I am indeed."

"Yes," Denver replied, taking my hand to his lips. I was stunned by the beauty of the this place, polished marble columns, paintings. Luxury I never thought I'd see. A line of maids with their hands in front of them alined on the grand stairs. 

"H-hello," I wave. "If you are in need of something all you have to do is give a big holler, or ring this." One of them said then gave me a bell that I thanked her for. Denver waved his hand once making the maids walk back to their work.

"I hope this will be a great start to your newlywed lives. She's a gem, son, never loose her." My hand was kissed again, then Denver gives his parents a pat on the shoulder.  "I'll keep that in mind, thanks father. Goodnight mother."

The mum didn't reply but only stared at me,  "well, a dusty one." She finally spat after scanning me from head to toe.  I awkwardly clung to my husband's arm a little offended, I've heard worse.

"Regine!"

Both Denver and his father growled. My husband's glare would kill if it could.  I told them to calm down and which they did, Regine apologized unwillingly but I just shook it off.

Once the parents left us to do our own thing, Denver and I arms locked, we explored the mansion.  "Your folks hate me," I say, leaning my head onto his arm since I can't reach his shoulder.

"They do, if they could they'd leave on the side of the road and run."

"That's not helping," I was starting to get a little angry.  I'm not used to him speaking out his mind.  "My parents do not need to like you, beacuse I love you.  I married you for who you are not because they arranged it.  Though I still have a lot to learn about my love." He raised my chin with his index finger.