Pt. 19

"Class is dismissed."

Finley came out first and practically hugged the air out of me. Others whistled at Maxwell while he just showed his porcelain teeth in a smile.
"Roselle? Max? Together? Mmm." She rubs her chin in suspicion.

"Honest to god I have not gone down low," Max grinned and Finley's mouth touched the floor. "I'll explain later, right now we got a serious matter on our hands." I jump in after jabbing Max's ribcage. "Go, I'll see you later." I literally shove her to keep walking.

I only walked into the classroom, the teacher looked up from her desk. "Oh, miss Roselle well how nice to see you again." She kindly walked round her desk as I sat on a chair. "Miss Kint, we need to talk, please take a seat." I said as calm as possible.

She did as I told her but I could tell she was uneasy. "Have you ever heard of Denver Lavoís?" Her face lost color. "No?" She responds fast.

"Oh really, well, you wanna know why I left school? To become Mrs. Lavoís. And you are supposed to be dead, miss Green."

She took me by the arm and walked half way to the door before Maxwell stepped in. For sure I thought, she was going to faint. "It's a pleasure to see you again, Samantha."

"It's Samara! Please don't tell me he's here. Tell me he's not!" She points at him. Max just shook his head. "Don't worry Sam, I am Denver's runaway too."

"You too? He lost his mind quick if you ask me. We both have relationship issues."

"Awe, then how did you do it? How are you not dead?" Max asked, folding his arms across his chest. Watching her forcefully sit down. "Better yet, why would you have an affair?"

"Well, what do you want me say? It happened, I actually supported Denver's abusive side because I don't know, I'm nuts. He was drifting away and I thought he didn't love me anymore."

"Do you know how devastated he was when he saw your supposedly severed head? You know how annoying he got claiming that he could have changed?"

"Maxwell?! Let her talk." I clap my hand over his mouth to shut him up. "I know I hurt him a lot but the damage was too much. We weren't gonna make it work." Sam confessed.

This is why Denver is sensitive about other men around me. "In all odds then, tell me how did you fake your death." Max spat, not looking at her directly.

"The executioner was my friend, my real hands were bound but my head was hidden. When the hour struck, another head was added to the guillotine and slipped away exactly when you and Denver arrived."

Max and I flopped back on our chairs in shock. It was a perfect escape. "After that I stayed low until I could change my appearance. Even after I heard Denver was back to being a eligible bachelor."

"Four years! That was four years ago. No one wanted to date him because they thought he drove you to your death." Max leaned foward, growling furiously.

Sam raised her voice suddenly which made me jolt. "He's the one who reported me! Then expected me to apoligize after I'd been charged. No! I'm done with him. If he finds out I'm alive who knows what he'll do." She breathed in and out while I absorbed the silence.

"You're done with him? Denver wanted to change for good but that wasn't enough for you? You were caught cheating twice and he forgave you, yet you did it again. You played with his feelings! You drove him mad all because of your sick fetishes!"

While I yelled this, Max stayed silent. Students were peeking through the doors. I'm mad. "The first 5 months of our marrige was magic, he's everything I could ever want in a guy. Until one day he finally decides to bring his hand to my face. Thinking 'oh if Sam liked this then this one will too'." I mocked in the most Denver voice possible.

"Roselle, I'm sorry it's my fault he's like this. I regret what I did, and if I could take it back, I would." Samantha said then stood up. I snicker in a laugh, slipping my glives on. "No. You wouldn't. He's far from being reasoned with." I walk away to to the door but before I exited.

I look over my shoulder, "by the way, you chose the wrong people to engage sexual contact with. Don't blame Denver for not pleasing your sick cheating self." I left the classroom without a another word.

I heard Maxwell reassure her identity will be hidden from my husband. I honestly cannot imagine what he would say.

The carriage ride was silent. It's cold. Max couldn't muttering as he looked outside, probably re-calling the moments of despair with Denver. "I can't believe she's done this. She created a monster." I said then hugged my knees, making him turn over.

"Half of it." He told me. "Don't think Denver's overall innocent. He had his fair shair of faults. He was always controlling and manipulative, and has a way of making himself the victim."

I look at my knees. There's more to this fucked up family than meets the eye. "You think Denver is capable of changing?" I asked. Max sighed, "don't hold your breath. You can change him, since you walked in to his life, I've seen the changes."

"More like he walked in to my life," I giggled. I feel bad for him. I feel bad for myself. I want to try to change him for the better, but I think it's too late.

I've left the mansion without him knowing. No letter. No sign if he's ok or worse, he could be dead right now. And I can't help but to think that I commited the same mistake Sam did.

I left for my safety. While Sam left for her sexual partners which I think is just selfish. I just need some me time while I decide what to do.