Pt. 13

Thick rain drops falling on top of umbrellas drowned out the priest's words. Friends had their heads low, all I saw was the black of our clothing.

"Are you feeling okay, love?" I felt him kiss my cheek, his gentle grip around my waist. My shoulders barely shrugged. In response, he laid his chin on top of my head. And his hand soothingly rubbed my hip.

I threw my rose on the coffin as everyone else did. Shortly after mouthing 'I'll miss you' I escaped my husbands grip and headed to the carriage.

Back at the mansion, I passed the maids without saying a word. They never bothered me, Denver was kind enough to give me my space.

I mean, cmon. It's the least he can do before somehow he makes up an excuse to put his hands on me. Agressively. It's been a bit since he has showed me any affection.

'Whenever you need to talk, you know where to find me.'

-Finley

'I'm worried about you. I hope you're okay over there with you know who, talk to me when you feel better.'

-Maxwell

I read the letters over and over again. I practically hugged Max's. Other than Denver sometimes being a perfect partner, I often imagine what my life would have been if I married Maxwell. I don't think too much, I mean come on. But it does cross my mind.

I exited the bedroom, down the long hallway that leads to the living space. I stay behind the wall when I see Mara and Denver practicing archery without me. Mara throws a target up in the air and Denver shoots it fast.

"That was impressive," she says. Then he turns his back to my direction as he sets the bow aside. "I should go check on her," I move out of view. "Leave her be, child. This is the first time she's actually breathing, no offense."

Denver claps his hand over his chest.
"Oooh that had to hurt," I mumbled under my breath. She's right.

"That was...uncalled for."

"I don't see you denying it."

He seals her lips shut with two fingers, "god, hold your tongue. You're breaking what's left of my shattered heart." He pulls his hand away then picks up the bow once again. I love their chemistry so much.
"I can stitch his heart back together. And make it stronger." A voice dangerously close to my ear whispers like the wind.

To my horror. Poison Ivy. I face her delusional self, I'm angry of her nerves to say that to my face. "You better stay the hell away from him, Ivy." I growled. She smirked, "why do such thing? Aren't you tired of his abusive ways? He needs a strong woman. Not a weak peasant."

My teeth grinded to the nerve. I'm thinking of ways to woop her maiden ass right here. "Plus, when he finds out you're little plan. He's gonna kill you and have me, love me. I can just feel him pressed agaisnt me." I felt like steam shot out my ears.

"You won't ever touch my husband!" I shove her with my index finger, "and he'll never fuck a pathetic maid like you!" I push her with all my might into the living room.

She collided with a vase as she fell on her back. I tower over her then took a fistful of her hair and yanked it upwards. Mara and Denver snap their attention toward us, "Roselle? What's going on?"

Before they could come to us, I whisper on her ear. "Next time, they won't be here to save you."

"Whoa okay, calm down, girl." Denver's arms wrapped around my waist, seperating me from Ivy. Mara smirked at me while trying to help Ivy get up, and I proudly smirked back.