Pt. 17

I lost my chance to leave for America to care for my sick husband. Finley is angry with me to the bone, and that's ok because I deserve it.

The problem is that I'm leaving right now while it's snowing like crazy. It's early this year. There's probably 3 feet of snow on Oxford alone, I can't imagine north Swindon. I'm staying with Max and until the next ship comes.

Last night I got into bed and not even five minutes in deep sleep, I woke up lacking oxygen. Only to see Denver straddling me, fingers wrapped around my throat. Claiming that it's all Max's fault we're distant and that he'll kill him if he saw him near me.

I manage to knee him in the groin then knocked him out. I wanted to get out this place as soon as posible. That was the final straw.

Mara won't tell me who this Sam girl is, so be it, I'll ask Maxwell. Nobody knows about me running away and I hope it stays that way.

"Bye-bye asshole," I say as I walk to get my horse.

"Thank you for finally giving him a fierce woman."

I stopped in my tracks. This bitch. "Keep him for all I care, slut." I told Ivy back. "I'll take good care of him," she starts to walk up the stairs and my blood boiled when she loosen the straps of her uniform.

I skip up the steps until I was close enough,and yanked her hair. "Not tonight, little whore." I growl before pushing her down, taking me with her.

We both grunted as we rolled down to the bottom wrapped together. She got in top and started scartching my face with her cat long nails. I felt blood dripping down my neck. "Denver won't love an ugly face," Ivy disgustingly spat on my face.

"You just made me hotter." I rolled her over, stepped on her arms and got her completely immobilized. "He loves it when I get on top. Too bad your legs don't spread than for your own fingers." I cup her and with the other,I brought it to her cheek and sent her to poison Ivy world.

I touch my scratch on the face and saw the blood on my hand. I slip on my gloves, hat, coat, everything to stay warm. Then hurried to the garden and got my cream colored horse out it's den, next to it was Denver's. It was light brown with a black maine.

I think these horses are pairs and I feel bad for taking mine away. But I'm not staying here. I mounted the huge four legged animal then rushed out this god forsaken property.

On a carriage it takes 47 minutes to get to Swindon but in a horse alone it took me 20 minutes. No pit stops, no cargo.

I was right about the snow being worse up here, it's colder. My lips are dry, my nose is probably red. Snow crashing on to my face. What else could happen?

My horse haults and snorts. "What's wrong, girl. Ya!" I kick her gently to get her moving again. I get gitty when I see the mansion in the distance.

Again we hault as the massive gates blocked us. "Maxwell!" I called out but it barely came out as a shout. The wind was too loud.

"Alright girl, you gotta jump."

I hold on and sit tight on her saddle then kicked her again. "Ya!" She ran foward toward the low part of the gate then I pulled her rope up and she jumped. For a second I thought we were flying.

After I hault her in front of the very front entrance, a thousand men pop out the snow with guns. How do they even stay alive in there? Then I noticed they're in igloos. "It's missus Lavoís," the leader says then they lower their weapons.

"What brings you here in the dead of a blizzard?"

"I need to speak to Maxwell, please."

They raise their brow and I turn red. Great, now the guards think I'm here to get Max to base 3. "Hm..let her in," he says. Another shot him a glare, "are you serious?"

"Let. Her. In," he repeated. The doors of the manor opened, then Max exited with his arms folded across his chest. I chuckled at the sight of his pajamas.
"Why didn't you announce her arrival?"

I step in for the guards, "they were just letting me in. They're good." I say. Max nods at his men then he pets my horse, "take this animal to the den. It's warm there." He whispered the last part then he helped me get down from her. "Thanks," I smile.

"You're welcome," he said. And we stared in each other's eyes for what felt like ages. Until one of the guards coughed. I look at them, red face and all and they just smile. "Get knocked twelve eyes! Get on with it." Max accent filled my ears.

Then men smile at themsleves and go jump stiffly inside the snowy powder, disappearing. The others took my horse away. "I really don't get british slang. Don't they get cold in there?"

"Mm-mm, there's heat in those igloos. They'll be ok. Come on, I'm freezing and you feel like an iceberg." His arm goes around my shoulders and rubs upand down.

I sigh in relief as the warmth of the manor hits me, yet I'm still so cold I hug myself. "You're full of snow. You gotta take it off."

I blushed, which made him blush but he hid after running his hand through his hair. His butler walked over and handed him a thick cotton blanket. "I suppose you have your own clothing. Because as you know I'm living the bachelor lifestyle and don't own any womens clothes."

"It's okay, I packed the most important things." I smile and go into a guest bedroom Max told me I could say in. After I dressed even warmer, I wrapped myself in the blanket and walked to his living room.

God, this place is insanely huge for one eligible noble and 20 staff members.

I made my way around the sofa, hearing my blanket shuffle behind me. Maxwell was drinking tea next to me and offered me one, I say yes quick. "First things first, what are you doing here in the middle of a blizzard, miss Roselle. He really did it thistime hasn't he?"

He spills his tea out the sudden rant and didn't seen to bother cleaning it up. "We have much to discuss to discuss-"

"Wait wait! Were you followed?"

"No."

"Does Denver know you're here?"

"Nooo," I chirp, finally sipping up some warm tea that was a minute from being cold. I accidently turned my scratched cheek to him, a drop of blood drizzled down. Good, the steam melted the ice in the wound. "Roselle, holy crap."

Maxwell's finger grazed my scratch that stung and made me gasp. "I'm sorry! I-You...follow me. I have to clean that." He clapped my hand in his then we walked to the loo.

"It'll be higher if you sit here," he pointed to the counter and everything flashed.

Don't leave me. Our mouths were inches apart, my legs wide around his waist.

"Roselle? What's your plan?"

I didn't notice Max was already cleaning my cheek and sticking a bedding of cutton on the wound. I squirmed. "Until the next ship comes, I'm staying with you. None of the maids nor Denver know where I went."

"Okay, he will come here when gains strength."

"I'll hide," I flinch when he sticks the last cotton. "Thank you," I told him.

"Who did this?" Max asked and his eyes lit up with anger. He's expecting me to say it was my husband. "Ivy did. We a little brawl prior my departure, she learned her lesson." I grin at the memorie of me knocking her out.

I look at Max and ge was blushing.

"Anyway, I need to ask you a question."

He nods. Here goes nothing. "Who is Sam?"