Chapter 5

Roni's POV:

I am sent into the hallway by the blast, tackling Steve and Tony on my way down. We help each other up. "Put on the suit." Steve says. "Yup." Tony agrees. "I'll meet you two over there." I say, running towards my room. I sprint inside, throwing the door open.

I go to my closet and push back all of my clothes to reveal the secret area I installed when I designed this thing. I push something up revealing the retina scan. I put my eye up to it and the secret hatch opens. I push it all the way open to reveal my special weapons.

All made from vibranium and not standard issue which is why I keep them hidden. I already have my guns and knives with me so I grab my bow and quiver full of arrows and my electric vibranium bow staff.

Strapping all the weapons to me and close the door and push my clothes back into place before heading to engine three. When I get there Tony isn't in sight, but Steve is on a platform and little ways below. "Steve! Heads up." I call.

I jump from the main platform, grabbing ahold of a metal pipe that looks secure and then I swing down and land next to Steve. He helps stabilize me. I set to work looking at the relays, making sure they're intact. "The relays are intact." I tell Tony.

"Even if I clear the routers, this thing won't reengage without a jump. I'm going to have to get in there and push." Tony says. "Well if that thing gets up to speed you'll be shredded." Steve says. "That standard control until can reverse the polarity long enough to disengage maglev-"

"Speak English!" Steve yells. "See that red lever? It's slow the routers down long enough for me to get out. Stand by it, wait for my word." Tony says. Steve jumps across the the red lever then turn to me. I nod, walking back a little to get a running start.

Then, I hurl myself across the gap. Steve catches and stabilizes me. "Thanks." I say. "No problem." We then see a guy, pull a pin on a grenade. When he throws it Steve jumps across a gap and hits it into open air.

Three other guys come onto the platform and Steve goes to fight them. I get out my bow and begin shooting. I hit the first one in the leg, sending him over the edge in free fall. The other guy i hit in the chest and he too falls.

Steve takes care of the other guy, but there are more coming. "Shit." I say. I shoot an arrow across and zip line to where the men are. I put my bow back and grab my bow staff, breaking it into two pieces. I turn on the electricity and attack one of the men.

Finally all the guys are gone and Steve and I make it back to the lever. Suddenly the helicarrier gives a sickening tilt and Steve and I are sent off the platform. Steve manages to grab a piece of rope as well as my arm in our decent. I scream until I feel my body being halted from its fall.

"Steve, whatever you do, do not let go." I say. "Yeah, I got that." He says. "Cap, hit the lever." Tony says. "We need a minute here!" Steve yells back. "Lever, now!" Tony yells. "Steve, I got it." I say, grabbing the tail end of the rope.

He nods and hoists himself back onto he platform and yanks the lever. I see Tony fall out the bottom. Suddenly whatever the rope is attached to breaks and I begin falling, screaming on my way down. "Stark, grab Roni!" Cap yells.

I hear the engines of my brother's suit and then I land on hard metal. "I got ya kid." He says. I stop screaming and try to get my breathing under control. He flies me back up to the platform before going off somewhere else. Steve pulls me in for a hug. "You ok?" He asks me. I nod.

"Yeah, let's go see where we're needed." I say. He nods and we make our way inside of the helicarrier. Then I hear something over the coms that I never thought I would hear. "Coulson is down." My breathing stops and so do I. Steve looks back at me, pain in his eyes.

He walks back to where I am and pulls me into a hug. I'm glad I met Steve, he's become an older brother to me in the past day. When we let go I head back for my room and change out of my suit into a black crop top, jean shorts, black combat boots, and an army green jacket.

I redo my pony tail braid before heading to the bridge. I sit in a chair with my knees pulled to my chest. Tony then walks in. "Hey kid." He says, sitting next to me. "Hey." I say. "I know this probably isn't the best time, but I really am sorry." He says. I look at him confused. 

"Why?" I ask. "I wasn't there when you needed me the most. When mom and dad died you were only a year old, you needed your older brother and I was too selfish to realize that. I'm sorry, but I promise to be a bigger part of your life from now on." He says. 

I smile at him before bringing him in for a hug. "You're forgiven doofus. I love you Tony." I say. "Love you too Roni." He tells me back. I'm happy my brother and I are on speaking terms. I've always wanted to have someone I can look up to and now I can. 

Let's just home he keeps his promise for always being there fro me. When we let go of our hug Steve and Fury walk in. Then I remember why I was so sad before Tony talked to me. My father figure is dead. Tears escape my eyes. This is going to be a long meeting.