Epilogue

After that night the Avengers went their separate ways. Thor took Loki and the Tesseract back to Asgard, Steve went back to Brooklyn, Tony and Bruce went to Stark Towers, and Clint, Natasha, and Veronica went back to the helicarrier. Their lives had finally calmed down.

That is until Fury called Roni in with a mission. Hydra had been active recently, she had been tasked with infiltrating a Hydra base and gaining information, but after the first day of the mission, Fury lost contact with her. Everyone did.

After the collapse of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the apparent resurrection of James Buchanan Barnes, Steve's best friend, Loki's scepter was stolen by Hydra. Now the evil organization has two things the Avengers desire, and now they won't rest until they have them, more specifically, her, back.

Roni's POV:

I wake up with pain in my entire body. Everything hurts and there's a bright light shinning above me. As I wake up further I sit up and realize that the light is just a lamp above me and I'm in a room with nothing in it besides and IV and and a hospital bed. There is a mirror on one wall.

Suddenly the door opens and in walks a man in a lab coat. "Good to see you awake." He says in an accented voice. "Who are you? Where am I?" I ask. "You are in a Hydra base, do you know what Hydra is?" The man asks. I shake my head.

"We're the ones who saved you. You had nothing, the Avengers took everything from you, your life, you family, everything." He says. "The Avengers? Who are they?" I ask. "They are a group of Americans that think themselves heroes, but we know the truth." He says.

"The Avengers took everything from me." I mumble. "Do you know who you are darling?" He asks me. I shake my head. "Your name is Veronica and Hydra has given you new life. A new purpose." He says. All of this is overwhelming me. My breathing starts to get heavy.

The lights start to flicker. "W-what's happening?" I ask. "I am not sure." He says. Suddenly there is a pain in my head I grip it tightly until the pain becomes too much. When it does I let out an ear shattering scream, the scream shatters the mirror and flings the doctor across the room.

Things start sparking, somethings catch on fire, others freeze or are electrocuted. What happened to me? Did the Avengers do this to me? The Avengers took everything from me. So I shall take everything from them, even if I die trying.