Chapter 24

Roni's POV:

Rhodey and Sam continue to fly around while Nat, T'Challa, Steve, and I head towards the barrier to talk to the aliens approaching. "Where's your other friend?" Nat asks, feigning innocence. "You will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have that stone." The woman says.

"That's not gonna happen." Steve says. "You are in Wakanda now. Thanos would have nothing but dust and blood." T'Challa says. "We, have blood to spare." She says. She raises her arm and the alien ship's side panels raise up.

I portal us back over onto the front lines of the Wakandan army. "They surrender?" James asks from beside me. "Not exactly." I say. He turns to me. "Be careful out there." He says. I smile, a blush creeping onto my safe. "You too. We have some catching up to do after this." I say.

With that I place a quick kiss onto his cheek. "Got it soldier?" I ask. "Yes ma'am." He says, grinning. We turn back to the oncoming army. Steve is smiling to himself. "What?" "Nothing." He says, smirking. Rolling my eyes I turn away.

T'Challa starts a Wakandan chant and the woman swiftly brings her arms down. An enormous alien army emerges from the trees. "What the hell?" Jame asks. "Looks like we pissed her off." Nat says. "You think?" I ask.

The aliens finally reach the barrier and begin ramming their bodies against it. Some almost get through, but are then cut in half. The few who do get through are shot down. "They are killing themselves." The woman, Okoye I think, mutters.

I then notice them starting to go around the barrier, trying to find a weak spot. "Steve." I mutter. "I know, I see it. We have to keep them in front of us." He says. "How do we do that?" Okoye asks. "We open the barrier." T'Challa says. He then presses a finger to his ear.

"On my signal, open Section 17." He says. He waits for a second before speaking. "On my signal." He repeats. "This will be the end of Wakanda." A Wakandan man says. "Then it will be the noblest ending in history." Okoye says. T'Challa then walks to the front of the line.

Suspense builds. "Wakanda FOREVER!" He yells. The army yells and we all charge forward. I take to the sky, flying way ahead of everyone else. The barrier opens and the aliens flood in. When I reach the I scream loud enough to kill, taking out dozens at a time.

"RONI!" Steve yells and I stop. I know they are getting too close so I need to stop before I kill any of our own. I stop and land in the middle sending out concussive and energy blast, killing tens of hundreds of aliens.

After a little while of that I fly into the air and white wisps dance around me as the sky darkens. I let out a powerful scream, calling down lightning to kill the aliens closest to me, making sure I don't kill any friendly fighters. I suddenly see James on the ground, an alien over him.

Glaring I send a bolt of electricity at all the surrounding aliens before running over to where they are fighting. "Back off!" I yell. I use my powers to lift a chuck of earth and hurl it at the monster, crushing it. I help James up. "Thanks for that." He says.

"No problem." I say, breathing heavily before taking off again. I switch up using all my powers, not including the stone, to fight off the aliens. I'm saving the stone's power for Thanos. I'll need all the power I can get.

I see everyone slow become over run with aliens and before I can do anything a bright light lands in the middle of the battlefield. I grin. I've seen that thing many, many times before. The bifrost.

Something is thrown out of the light, killing numerous aliens and freeing Steve and T'Challa who were being overrun. The thing, apparently an axe opposed to his usual hammer, returns to Thor's hand and he stands there, with a raccoon and a tree.

"BRING ME THANOS!" He yells, running towards the army and doing what I've been, destroying numerous aliens with a huge lightning blast. Smiling I land next to him. "Good to see you." I say, smiling. "Ah, Veronica. Shall we?" He asks. I smirk. "We shall."

We learn how to do this durning training. We link hands, both our eyes glowing white. Both of us letting out a powerful scream I use my power over weather and together we create a tornado of lightning and send it at the opening of the barrier. It takes out hundreds.

"Excellent." I say before letting go and taking to the sky. Then, suddenly a huge machine come under the barrier and then to the surface. My eyes widen. Oh no you don't. My eyes glow with power I send every power I have at the thing, screaming with effort at one of the machines.

It explodes. I see Wanda take care of the other. Wait...why isn't she with Vision? "Guys, we've got a Vision situation over here." Sam says. "On my way-AH!" I hear Wanda yell. "Wanda!" I yell. I fly over to her. I stand beside Nat and across from Okoye.

"He'll die alone, as will you." The woman from earlier says. "She's not alone." Nat says. "But you are." I say. I'm glad Dahlia thought to give me my bow staff. I take it out and connect the two sides. She charges Nat and I first.

I swing at her, hitting her across the head before sending her back with a scream. Okoye takes it from there. She knocks Nat and Okoye down and turns to me. I grin. "Saved the best for last?" I grin. "No, but Thanos wants you alive." She says.

"Give him my regards..." I say before shooting her with a concussive blast, killing her instantly. "tell him Dahlia says 'paybacks a bitch' when you see him in hell." I sneer. I go and help the other women up. "Who the hell is Dahlia?" Nat asks. "Long story." I say.

"You've been saying that about a lot of things recently." Nat says. "A lot of things happened when I was unconscious." I say and she just gives me a weird look. I just shake my head. "I'll tell you later." I say to her. She nods and goes back to fighting. I turn to Wanda.

"Come on, we need to get to Vision." I say. She nods and we portal together nowhere he is laying. There is a dead alien beside him and Steve. Bruce is there as well. Wanda rushes over to Vision and he let's out a pained scream. "He's coming." He whispers.

"Everyone on my position, we have incoming." Steve says through the coms. Soon everyone is surrounding us. When I see James I rush over to him and pull him into a hug. "This is almost over. When it is, we have a few things we need to discuss you and I." I tell him.

"That we do." He says. Then a portal opens. I take a deep breath. This is it.