Chapter 30

Veronica's POV:

The next morning I wake up and I once again feel the crushing pressure that I have felt every morning since the snap. The pressure of absolute failure. I think of last night. The memories the suit brought back slowly fading to the back of my subconscious. I'm being ridiculous.

Sighing I climb out of bed and quickly change into proper clothing. I go out and grow some breakfast before quickly eating it and heading outside to the pasture. It's not early. I don't know why, but I slept in this morning. I bask in the late morning sun for a little while.

By the time afternoon rolls around my thoughts from last night are out of my head. Suddenly I feel a giant surge of power. I gasp. I know exactly what caused that surge. I've only felt that once before. Someone snapped. I sit there frozen, confused on how someone got the stones to snap.

It's simply just not possible. Then I feel something else. A wave that passes right over me. "Dahlia?" I question, scared of knowing the answer. Nothing. I stand up quickly. I know what her presence feels like. I know she's here, hovering around me, but I guess I'm no longer worthy.

She can't enter me until I become worthy once more. All the emotions from last night hit me again, this time with more force. Then I feel something else. Another shift like I did yesterday, only this one gives me a bad vibe, no, not bad, evil. Something is very wrong.

I sprint back towards the house, throwing the door open and racing the closet. I throw the doors open and stare at my suit. Doubts begin to surface in me. What if it just ends like last time? What if it is worse? I shake those thoughts out of my head. My friends need me.

I grab the suit and throw it on

I grab the suit and throw it on. It fits perfectly even though I haven't worn it in seven years. I throw my hair into my old pony tail and quickly braid it. I then walk into my room and grab my bow staff. I might be a little out of practice, but it's better than nothing.

I look at myself in the mirror. A feeling of confidence surges through me. I am the Sorceress, with my family beside me I can do anything. As a regular human I fought an army of aliens. As an enhanced I stopped Ultron's plot to destroy part of the world with Sokovia.

I was powerful enough to go against Thanos and without distraction, I could have won. I can do this. I am Veronica Stark and my family needs me. With that I open a portal to the complex and walk through. I step out into the ruins of the Avenger's complex.

Around me is the Wakandan army. I see people who I saw dust away. Sam, T'Challa, Groot. I then see Wanda and James and my heart flutters to life once again. I have my family back. "Veronica?" I hear someone ask. I turn to my left to see Tony.

My eyes widen and I engulf my brother in a giant hug. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I left." I say. "It's ok. We'll catch up after we win." He says. I see Steve looking at us in awe. "Because we're going to do the together." I say. Tony smiles at me, nodding. I then look at Thanos' approaching army.

They cannot have them again. I won't allow it. "Avengers!" I hear Steve yell. I get into position. "Assemble." With that everyone rushes forward. I take too the sky, slightly taking in the feeling of flying once more. I land in a big group of aliens and start using my powers to fend them off.

I burn them, destroy them with lightning. I send concussive blasts out from me. I almost get over run, but at the last moment I let out an earth shattering scream, my powers go out from me in a wave, killing the aliens around me. I then see Thanos running towards the gauntlet.

"I got him!" I yell, racing towards the purple Titan. "Roni, you don't have to stone anymore, he'll destroy you!" Steve yells to me. "I don't care." With that I reach him, landing in front of him, power radiating off of me in waves. "Who are you?" He asks.

"Someone you shouldn't have messed with." I snarl. "I'm not scared of you." I says, humor glinting in his eyes, thinking that he is going to beat me easily. Oh is he so very wrong. "You should be."

With that I summon all the lightning and concussive energy in me before sending it at Thanos who only has his sword to protect himself. I slowly start adding my other destructive powers and I can hear him grunt with effort. Then his blade shatters and I'm hitting him directly in his armor.

"REIGN FIRE!" He yells. There is a short pause. "JUST DO IT!" He yells again. I try to work faster, knowing my window of opportunity is closing. I add my final power, my pain power. I hear him cry out in agony, but it is too late.

I throw a force field over my head just in time, but the blast from the ship deflects and hits the ground at my feet, sending me flying. I quickly cower behind a piece of rubble and a second after I put up my second force field I feel a hand on my shoulder. I whip around, hand glowing.

The glowing stops when I see who it is. "JAMES!" I cry out, flinging my arms around him. He holds me back just as tight. For a second I forget about the battle raging around us. It's just me and him. Then the reality of the situation hits me again. I failed. Again.

I let go and press my back against the rock. This can't be happening. Did I just blow my shot?