Warm With You

It was snowing outside when Adrien finally caught up to Marinette on the street. She took out her earbuds and smiled.

"What are you doing out here? It's freezing." she asked, her hands already back in her jacket pockets.

"I could ask you the same thing." he pulled on his gloves. "I just got off of work."

"I'm on my way back from a horrible date," she sighed. "Alya set me up."

"Oh," for a brief moment she thought there was a hint of sadness on his face. "Do I know him?"

"I don't think so." Marinette's boots crunched along the icy sidewalk. "He wouldn't stop talking about his exes and the fact that his grandmother is going to kick him out one of these days. He's thirty-two."

Adrien snorted. "I'm sorry."

"You are not." she rolled her eyes.

"No, seriously." he insisted. "I had a rough day as well. My patient wouldn't stop talking about how he thought he was Stevie Wonder after all his meds."

"That's not so bad."

"He broke out into song during the middle of surgery."

She covered her mouth with her hand, stifling a laugh. "Sounds entertaining."

"Very."

"Do you want to come in for a mug of hot chocolate? I have some chocolate croissants leftover from the bakery today." they arrived in front of her apartment building.

"Love to."

Adrien stayed over after they drank their cocoa and ate their pastries to play a competitive game of Mario Kart. He lost nearly every time, getting passed by Marinette with a red shell right at the finish line.

When it was almost midnight he pulled back on his expensive winter coat and thanked her. He never has a dull evening whenever he's spending it with Marinette.

He didn't even think about the fact that he owed Lila and unreasonable amount of money.

"If you come over again we'd have to play Super Smash. I'd definitely destroy you as Corrin." Marinette insisted.

"That's where you're wrong," Adrien stuck out his tongue. "Robin can destroy Corrin in a heartbeat."

"You don't stand a chance, Agreste."

"We'll see about that, Dupain-Cheng." he smiled. "Next week?"

"Next week." she agreed, shoving him out the door with a bag of pastries and into the dimly-lit hallway with his heart racing.

He leaned against the door, a hand running through his blond hair he had no intention of styling. Unknowingly, Marinette slid down against the other side of the door, her cheeks warm.

Why did he remind her of Chat?

Why she remind him of Ladybug?

Alya came over the next day, unloading her shopping bags all over Marinette's apartment. "You will not believe the day that I had."

"You won't believe mine either." Marinette said eagerly.

"This mean old bitch tried to steal the last dress in my size even though I had it first. Then she tried to—"

"I submitted one of my designs to the Agreste fashion line and they accepted!" she squealed. "They're going to be walking my outfits down the catwalk!"