Wedding Cakes and Scarlet Ribbons

She hovered near the edge of the Eiffel Tower. Palms sweating as they clutched by her side. She had never tried anything like this before.

Sucking in a deep breath, she took a running start and dove headfirst off the top of the tower. Wind coursed through her, blood humming as she plummeted hundreds of feet.

Seconds before she face planted into the ground her back arched up, sleek wings expanding from her shoulder blades, sending her gliding and saving herself from death.

Finally she opened her eyes, relief hitting when she saw the beautiful city bathed in the morning golds and pinks below her. Flying was in no way a perfect skill for her but for those few seconds she felt alive.

Then, she was falling.

She fumbled for the yo-yo tangled around her waist, cursing on the way down. She was flying too fast and too far to be deemed safe. Falling, more like it.

Arms wrapped around her, sending her safely back across the rooftops as they held her and ran to keep up the momentum. "Need a lift, M'lady?"

"I did not, thank you very much."

"You were plummeting to your death." he slowed and set her down.

"I was trying out a new thing." she crossed her arms, wings still falling down her back.

"Death?"

Marinette stretched her arms and squinted at a billboard with the time on it. "Shit! Rose and Juleka's wedding is in half an hour."

"We really need to install watches on these suits." Adrien picked up the pace, jumping and sliding down slanted rooftops.

He and Marinette were home in a heartbeat and got ready as fast as they could. Arriving just five minutes late per usual, they settled into the nearest seats and greeted the other guests.

"Alya!" Marinette hugged her, pointing out the obvious baby bump. "Stunning as always."

"This is the last glamorous dress that I can fit in that doesn't come with boob support." Alya sat next to her and Adrien while Nino was next to them.

Marinette choose a light pink gown that came with a shaul to fend off the still falling snow. She designed it herself after digging it out of the archives from early high school designs.

Adrien just had a simple suit and tie, matching practically every other guy in the small church. It was decorated simple but held a sort of elegance to the theme.

Red, gold and white.

"I thought you and Rose lost touch." Alya commented, searching through her purse for something.

"Luka is my neighbor and he just invited us." Marinette watched Alya pop at least half a dozen peppermints in her mouth at once.

"What?" she asked, mouthful of food.

"Nothing." Marinette faced Adrien who was snickering about something Nino.

Guy talk: the surprisingly worse version of girl talk.

Luka joined them, sitting in the row in front where he turned completely around in the pew. "If I knew they had this much money I would have asked for more sooner."

"You don't keep in touch with your sister?" Nino asked, turning away from Adrien.

"Not as much as I should." Luka smoothed back his dyed hair and sighed. "I just want her to be happy."

"I heard about your mom." Marinette reaches over and touched his hand, holding it firmly between hers. "I'm sorry."

Adrien, Nino and Alya all joined in, making sure each person had contact with the other. Just the warmth and feeling of knowing someone is there is better than nothing at all.

Two flower girls came out, one wearing a black gown and the other a white one with a big ribbon around the waist. They held their little wicker baskets and looked up at all the guests around them.

Bridesmaids escorted each other down the aisle with beaming smiles in their matching red gowns. Marinette loved them.

"I want kids so bad." Alya whisper-shouted.

"You're literally pregnant." Marinette retorted.

"Oh, right." she cradled her stomach. "I am about to go HAM on that wedding cake."

The other guests in the audience shushed her. She mocked them back but froze when she saw Rose walk down the aisle.

She was gorgeous in the gown. A vision of white as a slight trail of lace followed behind her. Bits of diamonds embedded around her midriff as her veil covered her blonde hair that now fell loosely past her shoulders into soft curls.

Juleka wore her own gown with lace sleeves and a form fitting skirt unlike her fiancée's. Instead of a rose bouquet however she held one mixed in with charcoal petals.

They were both stunning.

Marinette almost cried at how gorgeous they looked upon the altar. Adrien, Luka and Nino were all wiping at their eyes and silently crying. That was also a highlight.

Through the beautiful, handwritten vows they exchanged rings and kissed. It was quite passionate, too. Holding onto each other's hands tightly, they rose the one carrying their bouquets into the air and hollered as their guests clapped and smiled.

"You cried the entire ceremony." Marinette nudged Adrien at the reception tables about half an hour later.

The hall faced the Eiffel Tower and still held those subtle gold and red accents. Centerpieces were roses wrapped in bows and strings of pearls. To say they went all out was an understatement.

"Not the entire time." Adrien dipped at champagne. "Just a majority of the time."

"What's that now?" Marinette snorted.

Alya piled her plate high with food and dug in practically as soon as she reached the table and sat down. Nino scooted a distance away from her as to not get spilled on by a shower of food.

"I need to eat as much as I can to replace the absence of alcohol." Alya explained, taking the dinner roll from Nino.

"This is the woman I decided to marry." Nino sighed.

Luka banged his fork against his glass to toast. "Yes, thank you. Juleka and Rose—Rose and Juleka. My dear sister and her beautiful wife. I can't believe you two are married."

He was clearly drunk.

Adrien snorted. "Oh my god."

"I wanted just to say that I am so, so, so happy that you two are together. I got you a present—here I'll just open it for you." he fumbled with the gift and tore the wrapping paper.

Juleka snorted into her hand at her brother. Rose didn't know what to do other than to watch.

"Condoms to protect yourself." he waved them in the air, his grandmother turning away in visible pain. "They come in three different colors, too!"

"Okay, Luka." Marinette sat him down. "That's enough."

Juleka raised her glass. "My brother everyone!"

When the cake was served and the cheers long done, Marinette leaned her head against Adrien's chest, arms wrapped around his neck.

Adrien kissed the top of her head, heart beating so rapidly he thought Marinette could hear it. "It's nice to know not every marriage is a sham."

She chuckled. "The highlight was Luka passing out on the couch and someone sitting on him thinking it was just the couch cushions."

"You're perfect." he leaned down to kiss her on the lips. "I want to marry you."

She stopped dancing. "Don't make promises you don't intend on keeping."

He cupped her face. "Trust me, I intend to keep my promise."

If not today, tomorrow or even next month. Maybe not even till next year. All he wanted to do was love and cherish the wonder that was Marinette Dupain-Cheng.