Distractions

(A/N) I'm sorry I keep updating so quickly. Must tire out your feed, yeah? Anyways, school is back so that means no staying up till six in the morning reading or writing anymore. bummer. Make sure to get plenty of sleep, food and love!

The silence was impalpable. Marinette had to reach over and lightly press a gloved palm against the small of his back, soft blazer grazed as he saw his father. Had he seen through the disguises?

"Natalya, Viktoria, Kryztoff!" Celina seemed unnaturally chipper. Must be in order to keep up her stellar image in front of her party guests. "I thought you three weren't going to be able to make it this evening."

Luka batted his long lashes. "Oh, you know me. Always the unexpected."

Celina looked ravishing in her dark gown, hair pinned back by a silver and diamond encrusted pin. Gabriel remained passive despite his obvious discomfort.

"Come, why don't we drink to celebrate?" she grabbed a hold of Adrien's arm and pulled him along like he was some doll. "Did you shave your beard?"

Adrien coughed into his hand. "It made me look too old."

"I always liked a clean, shaven face too." she quickly let her fingertips dance along his sharp jawline.

Marinette remained behind the group with Luka who put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Perhaps we could seduce her before we strike." Kida whispered on her left, raising a questionable brow. "She is easily amused by younger men."

Those words did not slip out of his mouth as easily as they should. She knew that something went on with Kida and Celina that he deigned speaking about.

"When she is most vulnerable." Luka agreed. "How do we separate her from Gabriel?"

Marinette knew the one thing Gabriel loved most. "Compliment him."

Praise was always his Achilles heel. Even at he office he could be easily persuaded into anything by quick wit and a sharp tongue. She saw her co-worker get better project simply by daily compliments.

Luka unraveled a delicate paper fan trimmed in gold. He fanned it dramatically at his side while Marinette and Kida questioned him silently.

"Where did you get that?" she asked.

"Oh this? The many gentlemen falling at my feet offered one after I complained of the heat." Luka pushed back his faux bangs. "I figured I could use it to look more innocent."

Marinette leaned over and got dangerously close to him. "Your left boob is falling down."

Luka sheepishly yanked back up his top while Kida snorted. They watched as Celina guided Kryztoff (Adrien) by the arm into a private room which at first glance looked as if it were a decadent office space.

"Gabriel, I must say that your lastest collection is a big hit back home in Russia." Marinette commented. "I am even sporting my favorite."

She did a little spin to reveal the blush pink gown with soft splashes of handmade embroidered flowers along the chest and waist.

Even her dyed red hair did not diminish the beauty of the baby pink gown. They had borrowed it from Marinette's friend at work who secretly had an addiction of buying all the dresses she could.

"Yes, that is one of the more popular ones." he sipped at a flute of bubbling, golden champagne while Kida picked up two glasses from a passing waitress.

"I did not expect you to arrive with the Russian sisters and Kryztoff of all people, Okumura." Gabriel eyed him suspiciously. "Celina missed you."

He cleared his throat. "I have contacts in high places, what can I say?"