The Red Dress

(A/N) I LOVE LUKA IN THIS CHAPTER HIS DIALOGUE MAKES ME CACKLE OKAY JUST TRUST ME

Marinette awoke to the mattress empty and cold beside her. Adrien has been more or less unstable the last couple hours, hot or cold when asked a question. He especially disliked Kida who he refused to address by first name.

"I don't know how much I can be, but I offer up my assistance as much as necessary." Luka stroked Pepper's fur gently as she purred quietly.

Night had just begun to melt away into milky aurora light when they all met in the living room. Sipping on cheap coffee that had long turned cold. Marinette's hand reached out for Adrien's only to tuck it back safely at her side.

"We are going to need all the help we can get." she nodded her thanks at Luka. "Where is Hawkmoth and Celina's quarters?"

Kida shuffled on the carpet, rubbing at his wrists that had long since gone raw. "Upper part of Paris."

"Anywhere private? Under a building? Tucked away in an alcove somewhere?" Adrien did not dare look him in the eye.

He could still feel the slight tremor in his hands as they ran over the scars left by Kida's hand. He was insisted by Marinette that they healed as best as they could considering how deep they were. Also that she clarified it by kissing each one and flattered him graciously.

"A mansion locked up tight behind metal gates and men holding mass weaponry in order to protect the beautiful secret inside." he deftly pressed his fingertips to his neck that flushed bright red. "Celina goes by an alias so she is not suspected."

"And that might be?"

He swallowed. "Odette Defour."

Fitting for a woman of enrapturing beauty but hiding a treacherous secret who casts a web of lies and deceit.

"She has clients who have inside sources. Spies, if you will." Kida took a second to breathe. "She always got her way, tearing those down who attempt to overpower her. You become trapped and—"

Adrien held up a hand. "Are you sure my father lives with her too?"

Kida nodded carefully and slowly. "He stays for periods of time but left unannounced. I was forced to accompany Celina when he was not around."

Marinette stood back. She could see the pain lingering in his eyes as she spoke.

"I know the way around the mansion and how to get past the guards. I am your best bet at getting inside without being caught."

Luka looked weary. "Why should we trust you?"

Kida clenched his jaw tightly. "You have no reason to. I just want to finally awaken from this nightmare."

They studied a blurry blueprints that Kida drew and listened to his directions carefully. He assured them that he could somehow find a way in. Adrien was still not fully convinced of his plan but followed along nonetheless.

For now he sat out on the overhanging balcony, waiting for something he did not even know. Bracing the cold as Marinette emerged a minute or two later with her sweet words and warm smile.

Her arms slid around his waist as he melted into her touch. "I'm here if you want to talk."

He took in a shaky breath. "Why is this happening?"

She did not know. "It just is."

"I feel so stupid. Not knowing that my father, your boss, was the man we have been chasing for nearly a decade." he cupped Marinette's cheek as her lips pursed together in thought. "I just want to move out to the country side, marry you, start a family. I want to do it all with you without all the trouble ahead of us. It seems that dream is only getting further away."