Falling (Adrien Ate Twelve Donuts)

(A/N) A bit dramatic with some good ole' fluff and best friends bonding time. Y'all deserve all the love in the world.

"Don't let me fall." she whispered, clutching her side with one hand.

A rod of metal penetrated her skin, the bleeding rolling down her skirt and down her mocha skin. She had tears in her eyes, hand wrapped tightly around Ladybug's.

She breathed heavily, gritting her teeth as she tried to pull her friend back up. They were dangled off of the rooftop of the building, a hiding place they thought would be safe.

Chat Noir was knocked out, Nino trying to revive him. His head lolled to the side, eyes glazed over and fading fast.

The akuma hadn't been an akuma at all. It had been Hawkmoth himself.

"No!" she slipped through Ladybug's fingertips, screaming as she began to plummet.

Ladybug launched her yo-yo out to save her, jerking her body in the air as she came back onto stable ground. Alya hugged the scarlet hero tightly, digging her face into her shoulder.

Her crying ceased but she still held her.

"Come on, come on." Nino pushed on Chat's chest, trying to get him to breathe. "You're Chat fucking Noir. You cannot go out this way."

Paramedics arrived, scrambling to help the fallen hero. Ladybug rushed to their ambulance, grabbed an adrenaline and punctured it into his heart. He woke up with a start, gagging and gasping for air.

Nino embraced him, crying all the same. Chat pulled out the adrenaline and dropped it before giving into the hug. Paramedics stood back stunned while others helped clean up Alya's wound.

"I watched The Dirt." Ladybug shrugged, Alya staying close to her side, moaning in slight pain.

"It's funny how a hero was the one needing saving." Alya wiped at her cheeks, the stitches in her side burning.

"We save others so often we forget that we need saving sometimes too." Chat spoke to the press shortly after, still being supported by his girlfriend and best friend.

"You didn't catch Hawkmoth this time. Is there a chance he will strike again?" a microphone was pushed into his masked face.

"Most definitely." Ladybug answered for him. "We are constantly on the watch for his attacks and we are doing the best that we can."

"When will he be defeated?"

She took a deep breath. "Soon."

Alya returned to work the following week with instructions of no heavy lifting or physical activity other than brisk walks.

"You think this girl runs? No way." she made a joke about it but everyone was still sore.

They sat at Marinette's dining table, eating Christmas necessities and celebrating together. Adrien's fingertips brushed the ring he gave as a gift for her under the table, running over the silver.

"Joyeux Nöel," Nino toasted his mulled wine. "This year let's try not to get a shot of adrenaline shoved into us, okay?"

"That's what she said." Adrien whisper-shouted, the others are the table bursting into laughter.

"I was trying to make a serious toast." Nino frowned.

"It's always appropriate for That's What She Said jokes." Alya shrugged. "You set yourself up for that."