The Menace Awakens

He ground his teeth together, fists balled. Adrien stared at him hard, waiting for his next move.

"Adrien, I didn't expect you to be here." Nathan's nails dug into his skin.

"I could've said the same thing about you." Adrien took a step forward. "Lila was looking for you."

"I don't want to see her."

"She's pregnant with your child. How could you not care?"

"She doesn't know who's child it is. For fuck's sake it could be yours." Nathan's face grow heated.

"Get out of here, Nathanael. You're clearly intoxicated." Adrien pointed towards the exit.

"We're not finished yet." his fingertips grew into long, protruding claws. Arms shifted into a cloud of red and black, body growing taller and taller.

He was a monster.

Adrien was knocked back by an impactful blow, staring up at the new form of Nathanael, his jaw fallen open. He ripped at the walls, tearing off the base and cutting into Marinette's apartment.

"What the hell—"

Ladybug came smashing through the baseboard, Yo-Yo wrapping around the monster's arm. He roared, yanking free and sending her flying through another apartment wall with force.

Luka was petrified through the bow hole in his wall, his cat bundled up in his arms fearfully.

"Adrien!" Ladybug got up on her feet. "Get Luka to safety, I'll get Nathan!"

"My name is Menace!" the towering red beast, smashed through the walls and outside where he could have more space.

He looked as if he had directly crawled up from the depths of hell itself.

Adrien understood, helping the confused Luka escape. "I have to help the others in the building before it collapses. Get to safety in the nearby complex."

"What the hell is going on here!?" Luka clutched his cat to his chest, the ground trembling beneath him.

"There's no time to explain. Just go!" Adrien urged, running back to Marinette's damaged apartment and pulling on his suit as quickly as he could.

The other occupants in the building were screaming in terror as their home shook, threatening to collapse. Using his baton he attempted to rescue everyone still in the building while Ladybug worked.

She wiped her brow, only realizing now that it wasn't sweat that was running down her face.

Picking up his giant fist, the Menace smashed through the muddy ground, picking up blocks of snow. Ladybug dodged, breathing heavily.

It was her first battle back into action and it was taking a toll on her.

"Come on, Chat.." she murmured under her breath, getting another hit on the Menace.

He took another hit to her chest, sending her back onto the ground. Her body felt heavy, vision fading.

Don't black out now. Don't black out now.

Something lurched, her body being scooped up and flying in the other direction.

"Hey Red, Why don't you pick on someone your own size!"

Chat..

The Menace screamed, running towards Chat. He managed to escape and hide for the moment, setting Ladybug on a rooftop carefully.